HDTV to buy or not to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
My parents wanted to buy a 42inch LCD 1080p !
But is this diwali the best time to buy ?
We need to buy before May 2009 !! So should i wait for May ? Or go in for the diwali offer ?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Why not get a good one now itself?
Samsung, Sony, LG all are making heavy publicity to grab your attention. The products these days are good too.

I had seen LG Scarlet 42inch at a relatives place & to tell you it was awesome. The red body looks sexy.Only minor hiccup was, the pendrive was opening very slwoly. Maybe a slow pendrive could be a possible reason. Do check out the Jazz series, they have a sub woofer & you might want to go for them if you are a bass lover. ;)

The Samsung are also good too. Most of the people get Samsung, but I find no reason what is so special in Samsung :confused:, even LG has good displays.

and remember in Tech,
The more you wait, you will remain waiting forever. :D

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Yes, its LG Scarlet 42 that i wanted to buy !!
If things go right, i may be lucky tomorrow. lol !!
I love it.

And thanks for your input.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You better wait till May 2009. 42" TV's costs around 70k now. By May, you might get it for 50k or at the max 60k.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Man you serious ???
As far as i know prices are setup to go up now after Diwali. Because of weak rupee. But in May 09 it may be different. You are right and that only adds to my confusion.
But mostly am game for new LCD now :)

42 Inch LG Scarlet costs around 72k.

And thanks for the link.

hmm good beginner model...! ???
i can't make out what's a good one. They are mostly 26inch and HD ready probably. But not True HD. And contrast ratio of 15000:1

Many 32inch out there are HD Ready and not True HD. So beware. But there are many True HD also in 32inch.

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Many 32inch out there are HD Ready and not True HD. So beware. But there are many True HD also in 32inch.
so the HDTV's which are in range of 25-30k adverttised by LG n others during this diwali are true HD or not ?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
the 26inch and 22inch are definite HD Ready. Not FULL HD. Its super tough to find Full HD in a 26inch. Unless its a top end Sony.

HD Ready Means 720p !
Full HD is 1080p ! 1920×1080
In case you did not have the exact numbers :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
On a 32 inch panel the difference between 720p & 1080p is hardly noticeable.
If you get 32inch, then go for 720p there is no need of 1080p.
1080p needs 40inch to do full justice.

iChaitanya

Journeyman
^^

letter p stands for progressive scan (meaning the image is not interlaced), while the letter i stands for interlaced.

Read wiki if you want more info!

Basically 'p' is better than 'i'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom