HCL infiniti pro sl 1090 Chasis intruder

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtea

In the zone
My friend a HCL infiniti pro sl 1090 System, and the problem he is having
is that sometimes the computer just hang after POST stating that "Chasis intrusion" and he have to restart again.I tried to fix it for him but I cant even enter the bios settings. I opened the cabinet and saw a three wire connecting the motherboard and the cabinet. It is placed in such a way that when the cabinet closes, in wire is sorted and then it can be powered on. I think this setting is right in the computer as i can switch on the computer. but even after i close the cabinet the error messege still comes. Is there anyway to disable it or fix this.

(The three wires black red and white are connected in the motherboard in the order white, black, red (frem back of the comp to the front)

Tech&ME

Banned
valtea what u are talking about is the CASE OPEN status of your computer, this is something about security for your computer hardware. The solution to this is only can be re-set by the administrator of the computer itself or the vendor (HCL Support ) can re-set it for you. Try to get in touch with them. This are not a normal desktop PCs offered by HCL, it comes under Business PCs. There could be an issue with improperly opening the cabinet, which you/ or your friend did opened the cabinet without proper caution. :wink:

And could you please let us know how did u tried to fix the problem, what step exactly u followed, this will help us understand the problem more clearly and give solution for it.

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
i tried and tried and but some guess work i just sorted the 2 pins with a jumpoer and it works perfect.

Thanks anyway

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
See the mobo manual there is a way to disable the chasis intrusion alarm by lacing a jumper on the mother board. Each mobo has a diffrent combination so sorry i cannot tel which two pins to short out. Else give the exact mobo model no and i will try to get the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom