Hardware Comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulkit101

Broken In
Hi all,
I plan to get a new pc and m confused abt the few components.

1. LCD monitor : Samsung 940BW or Viewsonic 1912wa
2. Cabinet zebronics or vip ?
3. TV tuner card: Pinnacle 50i or pixelview , internal or external
4. speakers: ATP3 or Creative 4.1

Kindly help.... its urgent.

Regards.

Last edited:

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
About the TV tuner, don't take pixelview, its the worst TV tuner ever.

take internal tuner if u intend to capture videos

harshagarwal

Journeyman
cabinet go for Zebronics and overall an cabinet will do but a sturdy Power Supply is needed.

Go for either Antec, CoolerMaster or Zebronics power Supply

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Monitor --> Viewsonic 17"
Cabinet --> Antec
TV Tuner Card --> Pinnacle , internal
Speakers --> Creative 4.1 ofcourse

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have had very bad experience with Pinnacle in case of TV tuner. My Pinnacle PCTV Plus gives very bad and grainy result. I have tried in different PCs and the result is the same. Also even after registering the product no SW upgrade is possible. On searching the web, the problem is learnt to be that of the SW.

sabret00the

Youngling
See practically talking I'am suggesting stuff I have been using for sometime.This is not some conclusion that I have arrived at by reading any magazine or from hearsay.This is my own observation after using these products:

1. LCD monitor : Samsung 940BW (I use this monitor.Its very widely available and very affordable (Rs.14200 + 4% VAT in Calcutta) and it comes with the SAMSUNG warranty so very easily servicable anywhere.

2. Cabinet : zebronics Antibiotic (I have been using this tower as well I have never faced any problem with it what so ever.The only problem with is that the perspective we have about an Indian manufacturer.Well its very good looking and very affordable @ Rs.2200/- when I bought it,I think its a really good deal.I got myself a Zebronics "PLATINUM" 500 Watts PSU which costs Rs.2000/- (got a 400/- discount as I returned the SMPS that came with the tower.)Note:Zebronics is the only Indian parts supplier which is cerified by Nvidia to be SLI Ready and I care a **** about what others say,I think its working just fine for me.

3. TV tuner card: My girlfriend has a Pinnacle 50i internal PCI tuner card that I had bought for her thinking it to be good.Its crap.I use a Techcom external card (the one for LCDs) trust me its got no frills but its really good.If u have a LCD upgrage to it(Rs.1900/-).For normal monitors go for a normal techcom shud cost u Rs.900/- or so.

4. speakers: Creative 4.1 or Altec Lansing........not much idea really coz I use a Sony stereo deck for speakers.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
1-Zebronic Jamaica & chantief r the best cabby avialable in the indian market today with loads of space and gud air flow.and dont forget to get a gud psu it is as important as ur cpu,ram.

2-Viewsonic 19" 1912wa is farrrr better then samsung 940bw trust me on this i m sure many mite suggest u for samsung bcoz they r using it..but 1912wa is much better then that of samsung 940bw.there r many reason 1 of them is it has 8ms reponse time which is black to black which dun matter a load..where as viewsonic has 8ms response time and that to grey to grey which is important.samsungs false marketing.

3-i m using creative 4.1 and its not at all worth it gonna throw it soon and will get a gud 2.1 like AL 5021MX...get urself a ATP3 its lil old but its a very gud set of speakers.best in its class.

4-dont have any idea bout tv tuner i m sure others will help u out on this.

Last edited:

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
You could try other alternatives like V.I.P cabinets. Really good built in quality *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/

I my self have G 300 Cabinet from VIP... and its just amazing. the build quality is awesome can be compared with Antec ;) and Plus its screw less...a Plenty of room for air flow..
G300 cost me 3500Rs here in Mumbai. which included 300Watt Rated PSU
Dont underestimate coz of being 300watt....its rated..but actually u can give stress about greater than 400watt + ( I myself run X1900GT on it....where the minimum requirement of X1900 GT is 400 watt with 25 Amps on 12 V)
U may refer thid pdf *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/downloads/smps-comparision-chart.pdf
The second one over there is one which comes bundled with G300

And I wuold like you not to have 400 watt Zebronics.cuz it totally sucks..My friend uses it....and has very bad experience of it...Dont know about 500Watt Zebronics :)

assasin

Banned
I've a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo (100i) internal tv tuner card.Dont have any complaints bout d picture quality,but the SW is too buggy,it sux.If u can get urself a Compro Tv Tuner Card.

OP
P

pulkit101

Broken In
Thanks all for the replies...

From what i have read & heard from many ...

1. Pinnacle PCTV is not tht great, & same with pixelview... So now i dont know which one is good.... Any one has any idea about Compro cards ???

2. Speakers i would go with ATP3 as atleast 2-3 users have not rated 4.1 very highly ... Would it be worth but 1k extra and go for creative 5.1 ?

3. LCD i guess there is not huge diff btwn 940bw & 1912wa but i have seen seen 940bw and dint find it tht gr8 .... so mite go for viewsonic 1912wa...

4. Cabinet i m still confused... i need cabby+psu in 3k ..3.5 k max....
A powersafe 500W itself would cost Rs 2700 leaving no money for cabby... I wanted a cabby with some transparent side or led lights... does VIP has any such cabbys?

Request more ideas on above...
Thanks for all the views...

Regards.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
1. LCD monitor : Viewsonic 1912wa
2. Cabinet zebronics
3. TV tuner card: Pinnacle PCTV 110i or higher (i for internal)
4. speakers: ATP3

Last month, my friend bought ATP3 for Rs.2,800 and in the same shop, Creative inspire 5.1 was Rs.3,500. Friend took ATP3 as he doesn't have a 5.1 channel soundcard. After listening to ATP3 sound, I think they are much better than Creative 4.1.

If you have 5.1 channel sound card, go for 5.1 speakers. they certainly are worth every paisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom