Handycam/camcoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smirk

Right off the assembly line
Hi M new to this forum and stumbled upon it while I was searching for a Handycam.

I too need to buy one and I have been putting it off becouse I could not decide upon the brand and the type of handycam I wanted.

I am going to use it for vacations & home use so I am looking for something thats easy to use and handle and where I do not have to buy extras to view or transfer stuff to my hubbys laptop.

Though I have seen the mini dv & the hard disc ones I found mini dvs better since i cud play the dvds directly even if i dnt have a pc available.

The budget would be somewhere between 20 to 25 thousand (will i get anything cheaper than that??)

Also I personally prefer Sony as a brand but is canon equally good?

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
personally prefer Sony

Why all you guys are stay with Sony? Sony is like 'Mac', they wont support universal things. You have to buy their Memory cards only while all others suppor SD Cards. For low end MiniDV cameras Panasonic is the Best, If you are going for DVCAM then try Sony.

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
@VideoEditingIndia

Today I received a Panasonic NV GS60 MiniDV Camcorder ordered fron Sify Mall. Now the problem is how to transfer the video from camcorder to PC. I tried through the usb cable, but there is no suitable driver found by the system. Also no driver CD is bundled with the camcorder.
Now how solve this problem.

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
My System config is MSI 845 Ge/GV(intel chipset) Mobo, P-VI 2.4 Ghz processor, 80 GB HDD, 256-128 RAM OS 1) Wibn XP Pro (without service pack), 2) Linux Open Suse 3) Kubuntu 7.10.
Is the software mentioned by u is freeware or paid.

I have another PC(ZENITH) which is very old config Celeron 850 Mhz Processor, SIS 630 Mobo, 128 MB RAM. running Win XP SP-2, where I tried to connect the camcorder and successfull, Here it is detected by the system and I can capture the video through USB port.

Also may I required to purchase Fireware Card for Capturing the video to the PC ? or USB port is sufficient.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
yes, you need service pack2. USB is enough for home use, but not recommended. Motion DV is available in the CD which came with the cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom