Guys .... Heeeelp. Smartphone under 30k, may go up to 35k, not more.

RiVamp

Right off the assembly line
So, I have my board exams ending on the 26th of this month, and my dad has agreed to get me a smartphone, (after me breaking all shit loose...... Not really) and I'm kinda confused, just .... Kinda confused, and with the damn exams goin on I am seriously unable to browse stuff myself. So to all the kind souls out there, help a brother in need...... Please.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It may not be what you are looking for, but let me give you a piece of advice.
Do not get a 35K phone now. Depending upon your usage, go for a VFM alternative priced lower. Trust me, a phone isnt worth that much, at your age. Use that extra money for other things you might possibly need. Perhaps add it to the budget of a new laptop you are gonna buy, or a bike you plan on purchasing.
You are probably going to college soon. I have seen many people in my college get a super expensive galaxy s8, yet using an old battered 768p TN laptop. Dont be like them. My point being, the added advantage of a flagship like OP5T versus say a RN5 pro pales in comparision to something more important like a 1050 Ti laptop vs a Intel HD Graphics laptop. What you consider important is upto you, but what I'm asking is rethink before you commit to purchasing something like this. Again, this is just opinion/advice. You decide how your money will be spent, but allocate funds wisely.

OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

Went through the questions.... My main concern is the budget, and like all damn weebs, I just hate lag. I'll basically be using it for anime and social networking coz I'm a gamer at heart and I strongly believe in the supremacy of the PC master race. So technically I don't have any specific preferences, open to all suggestions. One geek for another.....

OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

It may not be what you are looking for, but let me give you a piece of advice.
Do not get a 35K phone now. Depending upon your usage, go for a VFM alternative priced lower. Trust me, a phone isnt worth that much, at your age. Use that extra money for other things you might possibly need. Perhaps add it to the budget of a new laptop you are gonna buy, or a bike you plan on purchasing.
You are probably going to college soon. I have seen many people in my college get a super expensive galaxy s8, yet using an old battered 768p TN laptop. Dont be like them. My point being, the added advantage of a flagship like OP5T versus say a RN5 pro pales in comparision to something more important like a 1050 Ti laptop vs a Intel HD Graphics laptop. What you consider important is upto you, but what I'm asking is rethink before you commit to purchasing something like this. Again, this is just opinion/advice. You decide how your money will be spent, but allocate funds wisely.
Point taken, (had to google VFM tho ), the problem is that the device I'm using now is....... Layman's language, SHIT. I'm open to all suggestions so if you could just recommend me some of the good ones in the lower mid price segment I'd be happy to consider. In fact even I believe that spending that much now won't be worth it.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Went through the questions.... My main concern is the budget, and like all damn weebs, I just hate lag. I'll basically be using it for anime and social networking coz I'm a gamer at heart and I strongly believe in the supremacy of the PC master race. So technically I don't have any specific preferences, open to all suggestions. One geek for another.....

Spending 35k is too much for a phone at your age
I would suggest Samsung Galaxy S7 for 23k Get it from here Samsung Galaxy S7 (Gold Platinum, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

This has everything one can dream from a phone Quad HD AMOLED display, Flagship Camera and IP68 rating seriously no phone offers this much feature for 23k

Last edited:
OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

Spending 35k is too much for a phone at your age
I would suggest Samsung Galaxy S7 for 23k Get it from here Samsung Galaxy S7 (Gold Platinum, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

This has everything one can dream from a phone Quad HD AMOLED display, Flagship Camera and IP68 rating seriously no phone offers this much feature for 23k
I was kinda thinking....... Moto X4. Just checked S7 out. Both of them seem sweeeeet devices. Moto offers 2 extra GB of RAM and Samsung's got Amoled display and a clock speed of 2.3Ghz which is 0.01Ghz more than what Moto offers (if I'm not mistaken). So where should I go??

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Moto X4 might seem like a better device but it's SoC is that of a 12k device. (Redmi Note4).
Better to go with S7, it is one of the best camera in 23k range. (Unsure Huawei might be better)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I was kinda thinking....... Moto X4. Just checked S7 out. Both of them seem sweeeeet devices. Moto offers 2 extra GB of RAM and Samsung's got Amoled display and a clock speed of 2.3Ghz which is 0.01Ghz more than what Moto offers (if I'm not mistaken). So where should I go??
Get this:Mi Mix 2 (Black, 128 GB) (6 GB RAM) Link:Mi Mix 2 (Black, 128 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com @ 33k
OR
Get this: Samsung Galaxy A8+ (Black, 6GB RAM + 64GB Memory) Link:*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Galaxy-Black...scsubtag=5f59f1df-1e97-4798-b57e-048ced05ae06 @ 31k

OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

Moto X4 might seem like a better device but it's SoC is that of a 12k device. (Redmi Note4).
Better to go with S7, it is one of the best camera in 23k range. (Unsure Huawei might be better)
O almighty Nerevarine Sama, teach me the ways of the force.
Samsung S7 it is then.
Gotta wait till the end of my boards tho, physics tomorrow, half of the portion still left......... Maybe I won't survive this.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get this:Mi Mix 2 (Black, 128 GB) (6 GB RAM) Link:Mi Mix 2 (Black, 128 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com @ 33k
OR
Get this: Samsung Galaxy A8+ (Black, 6GB RAM + 64GB Memory) Link:*www.amazon.in/Samsung-Galaxy-Black...scsubtag=5f59f1df-1e97-4798-b57e-048ced05ae06 @ 31k
Why are you suggesting OP to spend unnecessarily?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
X4 is overpriced. Don't waste money on it.

Samsung S7 it is then.
Gotta wait till the end of my boards tho, physics tomorrow, half of the portion still left......... Maybe I won't survive this.
S7 is good enough for 23k. If you could tolerate horrible MIUI or flash custom roms, RN5 Pro is another cheaper option.
All the best for your exams

Samsung S7 it is then.
S7 at 23k is a great deal, but after your exams you would have to wait for the deal again. That's the only catch.

S7 has a better camera than even OP 5T & Honor V10. It's inferior to S8 just in terms of low light photography otherwise Samsung didn't make a big improvement. So it is definitely a good choice.

Just saying since 3 years, even 10k priced phones are good (some not all of them). My mother had an Honor 4X & it was still running smooth enough when I last used it 6 months ago. So as others said, no need to spend 35k on a phone, especially considering it is your first expensive phone.

OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

S7 at 23k is a great deal, but after your exams you would have to wait for the deal again. That's the only catch.

S7 has a better camera than even OP 5T & Honor V10. It's inferior to S8 just in terms of low light photography otherwise Samsung didn't make a big improvement. So it is definitely a good choice.

Just saying since 3 years, even 10k priced phones are good (some not all of them). My mother had an Honor 4X & it was still running smooth enough when I last used it 6 months ago. So as others said, no need to spend 35k on a phone, especially considering it is your first expensive phone.
Before I begin ..... Please tell me u didn't accidentally get reported, I clicked report by mistake, my bad.....
Now... Thanks Minato Sama, guess it won't kill me to wait for some more time, coz I believe that the sale would come up again as ...... this is India and once a better model of a specific smartphone comes out the previous one goes down to hell for the general public. So I guess that it won't be too long before they decide to put it up on sale again....... Well I can hope at least.
By the way, I just lost my virginity to physics.

OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

Just wanted to tell u guys. I'm currently using a HTC 526g+ and it's been shit ever since I got it which was 3 years ago. It's been broken, banged, bruised, burnt, raped and what not........ By brother (younger... 2 damn years younger) has a 1+ 5T....... How he was given that is a real painful story..... Basically he broke all shit loose in the house, threatend my dad, almost attempted suicide, almost choked my dad........ And my ever doting dad just endured all this and after this shit got over ..... Got him the phone, with the promise that he'd take his studies seriously, he got the phone all right, but the promise part went down the drain, he sits there on the bed destroying his life after almost destroying my family. Idk why I'm putting it here, maybe I'm just too damn angry and too damn lazy to start a blog..... So whatever............... Thanks to whoever read this

Just wanted to tell u guys. I'm currently using a HTC 526g+ and it's been shit ever since I got it which was 3 years ago. It's been broken, banged, bruised, burnt, raped and what not........ By brother (younger... 2 damn years younger) has a 1+ 5T....... How he was given that is a real painful story..... Basically he broke all shit loose in the house, threatend my dad, almost attempted suicide, almost choked my dad........ And my ever doting dad just endured all this and after this shit got over ..... Got him the phone, with the promise that he'd take his studies seriously, he got the phone all right, but the promise part went down the drain, he sits there on the bed destroying his life after almost destroying my family. Idk why I'm putting it here, maybe I'm just too damn angry and too damn lazy to start a blog..... So whatever............... Thanks to whoever read this
Kids these days....
I got the reward only after achieving the target, never in advance.

Physics has always been a tough nut to crack but usually everyone ends up with good marks even though the paper was tough.

All HTC phones except their flagship always were shit. A friend of mine bought some HTC phone for 20k 3 years back, might have been this phone, then started cursing all of android for years & bought iPhone 6 plus a year back for 30k+ when there were far superior phones in android side like OP 3T. :duh2:

Anyhow there should be some summer sale, get it during that time, no worries. Just wanted to inform you that you won't get it as soon as your exams are over.

OP
RiVamp

RiVamp

Kids these days....
I got the reward only after achieving the target, never in advance.

Physics has always been a tough nut to crack but usually everyone ends up with good marks even though the paper was tough.

All HTC phones except their flagship always were shit. A friend of mine bought some HTC phone for 20k 3 years back, might have been this phone, then started cursing all of android for years & bought iPhone 6 plus a year back for 30k+ when there were far superior phones in android side like OP 3T. :duh2:

Anyhow there should be some summer sale, get it during that time, no worries. Just wanted to inform you that you won't get it as soon as your exams are over.
Yeah, but I can take that.
Electromagnetism is Killin me. That's the last chapter ....... I don't know why I'm feeling so damn motivated after reading this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom