Guide me in buying a new Branded desktop Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
Hi
My brother needs a Branded desktop PC branded coz he will get it financed from his company .His bugged is abt Rs 30,000/- (excluding speaker system)

His main requirement are :

1. 17 inch LCD Moniter .
2. Tv tunner Card
3. Intel C2d
4. DVD writer
5. Graphics Card ( not must )
6. Ups

plz suggest me the best Branded PC that he can get in this price Tag :D

i would suggest that you go and get a low end Dell or Acer desktop(meaning one with an intel C2D 5xxx processor, onboard graphics, 1 gig ram, etc) then add some extra ram to it along with an 8600GT.

Graphics cards are some of the products most cheated on by the manufacturer, and every mobo worth its salt has a PCIe slot to insert a graphics card in it.

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!
pls be a bit more specific as to how you want to use ur pc ..

i hope u know that branded will not be the best deal u will get ...

and also if u at all need graphics card...

for 30k having lcd with graphics card can be a little strain ..

do wxplain a bit and i m sure u will get the best of suggestions from here..

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

@MetalheadGautham: Do u think company like dell,acer cheat there customers :eek: .How can i be sure that i m getting the right parts ? R there any software to test ?

@kayos :

pls be a bit more specific as to how you want to use ur pc ..

My brother wants to use it for his home entertainment purpose like for watching movies, playing some low end games :D , watching Tv etc

i hope u know that branded will not be the best deal u will get ...
Yes i know dude but the thing is he will get the system financed :D

and also if u at all need graphics card...

i want to know whether Graphic Card r basically meant for High end games and softwares ? Does a PC meant for normal use need them ? Is it required for running Vista in its full effects ?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi saurabh kakkar,
A pc for normal use did'nt need graphics card.
Normal use means office work, listening music, watching DVD, casual gaming.
Even i run latest games(World in Conflict) without any graphics card.

So, if u do not want it for gaming then u can give gpu a miss.
A normal PC having good chipset also runs vista in its full glory.
I have nvidia geforce 7025 chipset. So, if u want to run vista ask ur dealer to say u which chipset is that branded PC is having.
SO, only buying a normal PC with good chipset is all u need (i think so).:)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^^ if u're very mild gamer , its ok. .but for gamers who play for a few hours on weekends only also need a dedicated gpu .. paying 4-5k extra for a gpu is worth it even if u're a casual gamer.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ true and its getting way cheaper now.

but the same point in case getting a graphics card put the budget out of the limit. then which motherboard you suggest?

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

@khansaqib101 : Thanks for clearing My doubt We have decided that we will not buy Graphic card and we can extended our range to 35k.

Now our current requirement r :

Range :30k to 35k

1. 17 inch LCD Moniter .
2. Tv tunner Card
3. Intel C2d
4. DVD writer
5. Ups

plz Suggest good Branded PC for the above requirements

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

may i know why desktop ??? as Compaq V6608AU with 2 GB comes at Rs. 35k incl tax :)

Finally a reply from our expert ( just joking :D) thanks for the input saurav

Actually my brother wants the Pc for his home which can be used by him nd his small kids :)
and regarding Laptop he will soon be getting a laptop by his company

saurav also suggest me best assembled Pc in this range concidering above requirements I will be very thankfull to u

Regards
Saurabh kakkar

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
saurav also suggest me best assembled Pc in this range concidering above requirements I will be very thankfull to u

well u are thinking the wrong way :(

I mean, think what you need to do with the Computer ?? What applications u plan to run, what is the purpose of the System ??

Gaming ??
Movies ??
Home Entertainment ??
Programing ??

What is your requirement ??

as judging by this comment,

Actually my brother wants the Pc for his home which can be used by him nd his small kids
and regarding Laptop he will soon be getting a laptop by his company

No TFT :p TFTs are quite dalicate darling :( so KIDs + TFT = Problem, TFTs needs a lot of attention, and KIDs are not some thing u want to have near the TFT...

we have a dedicated thread running.....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71700

may be that can give some idea :)

Few basics, which u should keep in mind...

KIDs mean a lot of software issue will come as they will click here and there ending up with a broken (software) system... which will need software attention... So if you and your brother can handle the software issue, then Assemble is better choice as it would offer 3 years of warrenty on Core Parts :p where as Branded may come with 1 year :(

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

I mean, think what you need to do with the Computer ?? What applications u plan to run, what is the purpose of the System ??

Gaming ??
only simple games like road rash and flash games :D

Movies ??
Yes main need we will be connecting his Sony 2.1 3000pmpo speaker system

Home Entertainment ??
Yes Tv tuner Card required

Programing ??
No

What is our main Hardware requirement ??

1. 17 inch LCD Moniter .
2. Tv tunner Card
3. Intel C2d
4. DVD writer
5. Ups [/QUOTE]

Few basics, which u should keep in mind...

KIDs mean a lot of software issue will come as they will click here and there ending up with a broken (software) system... which will need software attention... So if you and your brother can handle the software issue, then Assemble is better choice as it would offer 3 years of warrenty on Core Parts :p where as Branded may come with 1 year :(

thanks for ^^ advice :)

I think now U can guide me better

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
thanks for ^^ advice :)

I think now U can guide me better

and ?? sticking to branded or Assemble ??

if branded Lenevo would be a good option :) *www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId=4611686018425096212&seriesid=8666535 look for Three year parts and labour :) choose system which are under Rs. 24k or such as u still have to replace the Optical drive with DVD RW add some ram and get a display :D and TV Tuner :lol: for branded, u ur self have to chat with the people at ur nearest show room so see who is offering better value for money :)

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

and ?? sticking to branded or Assemble ??

Actually i m confused :rolleyes: 80% we will be going for the assembled

if branded Lenevo would be a good option :) *www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId=4611686018425096212&seriesid=8666535 look for Three year parts and labour :) choose system which are under Rs. 24k or such as u still have to replace the Optical drive with DVD RW add some ram and get a display :D and TV Tuner :lol: for branded, u ur self have to chat with the people at ur nearest show room so see who is offering better value for money :)

^^ Thanks for the this valuable info Can u tell this Lenevo machine that u have Quoted will be able to support windows vista :D without a hitch

plz tell me the assembled counterpart in the above mentioned range and requirements that i have mentioned also suggest me which compnany Tv tuner Card to buy :)

regards
Saurabh kakkar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom