GTX 580 gone bad?

clear_lot

Journeyman
hi
i have a MSI gtx580. during gaming loads, the game hangs after some time.
the clocks of the card are set to 51/102/135 (these are the idle clocks of gtx580) and these can not be changed by again applying load or using afterburner. only a complete restart makes the clocks normal.

the games run fine for some time and then they crash. but only the games crash. the OS is otherwise fine.

the crash can be hastened by
1. applying more load. for example in crysis 2 @ highest setting, crash comes within a minute. in other "light" games, the crash time is higher.

2.overclocking and overvolting the card( to very sane amounts)

the temps are within limit at all times, as monitored by AB.

system config:
intel C2Q Q6600 @ stock
msi p35 neo
2GB ram
corsair tx750.
and all this on a fresh windows install with latest driver/updates/BIOS.

pratik2011

Broken In
i think if u face this prob.... for long time again and again if ur card in warranty u
should rma it....... quickly....
if it runs good without overclocking then go for that..... try one time with out oc....

OP
C

clear_lot

Journeyman
i think if u face this prob.... for long time again and again if ur card in warranty u
should rma it....... quickly....
if it runs good without overclocking then go for that..... try one time with out oc....

OC just hastens the crash. the game will crash even if not OC. it just takes slightly longer.

Why would you do that. You would need to flash the BIOS.
is that said to me?

or if the suggestion given above doesn't solve your problem send the card for rma.

does anyone here have any experience with MSI RMA in delhi?
specifically, will they accept a card that does POST and allows to load the OS?

@ everyone:
could this problem be PSU related?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I don't know how good is MSI rma service is at Delhi, but their overall service is good.

Top Bottom