GTA 5 Physical copy usage query

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Hi friends, I've purchased gta 5 physical dvd when it was launched. I have been playing it in my old desktop pc last few years. I have 2 questions now.

Purchased a new gaming laptop now. (Lenovo y540 2060 rtx <3 yeehawwww)
1. Will gta 5 allows me to install in my new laptop? Is the license for one pc only ?

2. Can my friend use my ID to play online.? Which means, with my rockstar id * can he login to GTA ONLINE and play?
I am not planning to play ONLINE as of now. Just offline missions and gameplay.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
1. Yes you can install it in your new system
2. Your friend can play it online while you are playing missions in offline mode. Do not connect your system to the internet while playing offline and do save your game data before proceeding becuase if they have applied any security measures for it then your data might get lost

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yes you can install in any new machine, but the multiple sessions are not allowed from different machines.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
AFAIK, that license is linked to your Rockstar Social account.
I don't know about gta online or sharing the account.

Ok so I can use it in different pc. Just that not more than 1 pc at a time. Thanks bro
1. Yes you can install it in your new system
2. Your friend can play it online while you are playing missions in offline mode. Do not connect your system to the internet while playing offline and do save your game data before proceeding becuase if they have applied any security measures for it then your data might get lost

Hmm sure bro let me see that. Thank you
Yes you can install in any new machine, but the multiple sessions are not allowed from different machines.

Does playing offline count as session as well?

Anyway what if the result if anyhow R* found that multiple pc is running one account..? Will I lose the access for life and friend gets it or how it is?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@jkultimate
Anyway what if the result if anyhow R* found that multiple pc is running one account..? Will I lose the access for life and friend gets it or how it is?
Not worth taking the risk. You will probably loose access to the online version. Duration? Only RG knows about that.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You won't lose access for life. Old account will probably be logged out for the current one. Regarding bans for online, it starts from 1 month and so forth. They don't ban permanently unless a repeat offense(in most cases).

Top Bottom