GST reduced for Monitors, TVs, Consoles and Video Games

vito scalleta

In the zone
GST Council meeting held on 22nd Dec has decided to reduce the GST on the following items from 28% to 18%
  • Monitors and TVs up to 32 inches.
  • Power banks using Li-ion batteries.
  • Digi cams and Video recorders
  • Game consoles and video games.
Full article

When do you think the tax cut would reflect on the actual prices ?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
GST Council meeting held on 22nd Dec has decided to reduce the GST on the following items from 28% to 18%
  • Monitors and TVs up to 32 inches.
  • Power banks using Li-ion batteries.
  • Digi cams and Video recorders
  • Game consoles and video games.
Full article

When do you think the tax cut would reflect on the actual prices ?

About last line, around mid January.
The rate has also been reduced for third party insurance, any idea about its full points? Thanks to elections we are seeing these rate cuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: nac

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Looks like it's already in effect:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B079Q42JX7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_QdYkCb321SXPE

Was 40k previously. Now waiting for discount :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like it's already in effect:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B079Q42JX7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_QdYkCb321SXPE

Was 40k previously. Now waiting for discount :D
Spotted console peasant.

J/k.. you can get whatever you want!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ No issues buddy :D Go for it, if you have the money to spare, nobody should judge you. :rolleyes:

Also, so is it a good time to buy a monitor? I am thinking to make a dual monitor setup. If I decide to go with it I might get a 21" monitor to be used as a secondary monitor along with my HP Pavilion 22XW.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Also, so is it a good time to buy a monitor? I am thinking to make a dual monitor setup. If I decide to go with it I might get a 21" monitor to be used as a secondary monitor along with my HP Pavilion 22XW.

Yeah as secondary monitor you can buy anytime now. I think primeabgb has updated most of the prices (and advertising it as sale :lol:). Just check USD pricing to be sure.

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone
^^ No issues buddy :D Go for it, if you have the money to spare, nobody should judge you. :rolleyes:

How are you planning to use monitors of two different sizes ? why not sell your existing monitor and get one large widescreen one ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
What purpose do you plan to get a different monitor ? Is it for Work purposes, then yes, its a good plan to buy another monitor. if it's just for media consumption, the separate screen would just be a distraction. I had been using dual monitor setup for a while now when I spent a few months working from home. Now that I dont need to do that, I put my other monitor in it's packaging as it was too distracting while watching movies or playing games.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well yes. Just to get the experience I tried using my secondary PC's 17" monitor in dual monitor setup. It indeed felt distracting. I tried moving all chat applications to other monitor. Didn't work out.
I think dual monitor is only good in case you are programming or video editing.
Maybe a single very wide screen monitor is better than dual monitor setup now that I think about it.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Top Bottom