Greenify: Finally a app that solves Android Battery Issue *ROOT NEEDED*

ankushkool

Youngling
No one can argue that battery life is the only big issue in otherwise perfect Android OS. Since I got my first Android phone i have tried hundreds of battery saving apps, taskkillers etc. Sometimes they helped a lil but most times no major difference was seen. The best way to save battery was to get a custom kernal and use governers like SmartAss/Conservative.

BUT NOW! I tried this brilliant app which bascially does what Apple does in iOS! It hibernated apps that you are not using in the background and saves lot of juice by reducing their CPU and Network usage!

Just read the description and it will all make sense :)

Link: [APP][3.1+] Greenify *ROOT* v1.9 beta 1 (Updated on Jun.30) - xda-developers

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
No one can argue that battery life is the only big issue in otherwise perfect Android OS. Since I got my first Android phone i have tried hundreds of battery saving apps, taskkillers etc. Sometimes they helped a lil but most times no major difference was seen. The best way to save battery was to get a custom kernal and use governers like SmartAss/Conservative.

BUT NOW! I tried this brilliant app which bascially does what Apple does in iOS! It hibernated apps that you are not using in the background and saves lot of juice by reducing their CPU and Network usage!

Just read the description and it will all make sense :)

Link: [APP][3.1+] Greenify *ROOT* v1.9 beta 1 (Updated on Jun.30) - xda-developers

I think this should be no1 app for root users. One power gaurd dint do anything for me. This is far better as it keeps the apps in "suspended" state until u resume activity . Also, i have observed phone becoming smoother after having this.

I combine this with juice defender which allows me to disable data once screen is off . I know many people are put off by this idea, but i am a battery whore and the more i can squeeze, i like it :lol:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Great app and have been using it for a while now...

Nothing even comes close to this.

Top Bottom