Graphics card, RAM upgrade

rahulbasu

Broken In
I have a Celeron G530 processor running on a ASUS P8H61-M LX . I have 2GB RAM (Kingston DDR3 1067 MHz). I have a SSD for Windows 10.

My use is quite basic, internet, some minor graphics.

Intel doesn't provide a Windows 10 display driver for this config (Intel HD Graphics 2000 on Sandy Bridge). I need a simple graphics card so that I can bypass the in-built graphics..

I'd also like recommendations for a RAM upgrade. Should I simply double it, or purchase separate sticks (to go upto 8 GB)?

Thanks in advance.
Rahul

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Could you post budget for each of the components? Also, your CPU supports only DDR3 1066MHz ram. Unless you want to upgrade the entire config in the near future, there would be no point in going for higher clocked ram. If you choose to increase ram to 4 GB or above, you would need to install 64 bit windows 10.

OP
R

rahulbasu

Broken In
Could you post budget for each of the components? Also, your CPU supports only DDR3 1066MHz ram. Unless you want to upgrade the entire config in the near future, there would be no point in going for higher clocked ram. If you choose to increase ram to 4 GB or above, you would need to install 64 bit windows 10.

In general, I realize the mobo / processor is getting dated, and the whole thing will need replacing in 2-3 years. So I'd keep the budgets low.

I have Windows 10 pro 64-bit running already. 2GB is too little RAM. So I'd either double the ram, or simply go on to 8GB. 1066 MHz is fine. 4k would be the tops.

I thought the graphics card would be cheaper than Rs. 5,000. Onboard graphics were fine for our use. I'm simply buying it to get around the driver problem. Ideally less than Rs. 3k

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
RAM:
4 GB- Corsair Value Select 4GB (1 X 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Desktop Memory (CMV4GX3M1A1600C11)
8 GB- CRUCIAL DESKTOP RAM BALLISTIX SERIES - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3 1600MHz (BLS8G3D169DS3)

Cheapest DDR5 GPU I can find:
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GT 710 2GB DDR5 LP ZONE EDITION

Try to check locally for the parts if they aren't available online. 1066 MHz ram are rarely in production. All other higher clocked modules with get downclocked to 1066 MHz if you use it with the older ram and to the max supported by mobo if used as standalone.

OP
R

rahulbasu

Broken In
RAM:
4 GB- Corsair Value Select 4GB (1 X 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Desktop Memory (CMV4GX3M1A1600C11)
8 GB- CRUCIAL DESKTOP RAM BALLISTIX SERIES - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3 1600MHz (BLS8G3D169DS3)

Cheapest DDR5 GPU I can find:
ZOTAC GRAPHICS CARD GT 710 2GB DDR5 LP ZONE EDITION

Try to check locally for the parts if they aren't available online. 1066 MHz ram are rarely in production. All other higher clocked modules with get downclocked to 1066 MHz if you use it with the older ram and to the max supported by mobo if used as standalone.
Thanks, I've gone for the graphics card. Will see the performance and then decide on the RAM.

Johnsonprabu

Broken In
Buy zotac 1030 for 5.5k it is future proof for ur needs and can also be used for ur new builds for low to mid range gaming !

Top Bottom