Graphics card comparability with the motherboard

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
No! It's not ok to install CPU and Heatsink without thermal paste. I said if you had bought a new processor then you would have got the paste pre-applied on the heatsink but since its not a new processor then you will have to apply it yourself. Just wipe off the old paste with 90%+ surgical alcohol(Use a microfibre cloth preferably to wipe off the old paste) and then apply the new paste. To learn how much paste should be used and how to apply it properly refer to youtube. I am sure you will find many tutorials there. Don't try to do it without learning how to do it properly. Its pretty easy but still watch the tutorials.

For paste you can try arctic MX4, Noctua NT-H1 or Coolermaster thermal fusion 400

P.S. If you meant that you wanted to keep using it with the old paste even then I wont recommend that.
P.P.S. According to the description on flipkart your cabinet should come with 2 fans- 1 140mm front intake and 1 120mm rear exhaust

Last edited:
OP
N

narain

Broken In
Checking youtube on installing a CPU! But do thermal pastes come only with processors, or will they be available loosely?

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
To be honest all the good thermal pastes that are available in the market are sold separately only. So yes they are available in the market to be purchased. Again don't listen to shop-walahs regarding thermal paste. If you have no problem in buying online then here is a link Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound

Its a great paste and i am using it right now.

OP
N

narain

Broken In
Guys, I am planning to extend my budget and go for "Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card". Though i have not fully decided on it. I checked the power supply required for this card and it said on flipkart that it requires a 450W supply. I believe that Corsair cx 430v2 wont be sufficient for this graphics card. Should i go for the 450W supply or much higher supply unit? Please advice.

panwala95

In the zone
no the manufacturer wants to keep up a safty margin so that you canuse it with a really fast system
but for a normal dual core and 4gb ram +hd 7750 cx 430 v2 should be fine

OP
N

narain

Broken In
Thanks! One more question!
I am getting HD7750 from the following brands:
PowerColor AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Rs 6881
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Rs 7537
Please help me choose between the two. Powercolor is offering at almost 800 rs less than Saphire. I am so inclined to Powercolor now :)
I ll leave it to the experts!

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Can't help you there as I have never used either a sapphire or a powercolor card. I have used MSI mostly and even with that I never had to go for RMA. But MSI cards have served me well. Right now using ASUS and it also seems to work fine. Sapphire cards are generally good but I have no idea about RMA so don't take my words for it. Let's wait and see if someone with hands on experience with either of the brands replies.

Top Bottom