i3 -3220
Gigabyte B75M- D3H
4gb x 1 - Corsair XMS 3
Kingston SSD - 64GB
Seagate 1TB - 5400RPM
Zotac - 9600 gt
Corsair CX430 V2
NZXT Gamma

Attached is my system temperature taken while Playing GTA 4 (after 1 hour) , HW monitor was kept open during my gameplay. I just wanted to know whether this Temps are OK or not.

Thanks!:)

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 153

AKRICK

Broken In
Temps are alll fine no issues.....Dont use only speedfan...check for other software for monitoring .......i heard some complains about speedfan...

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hi mit_1984, welcome to TDF.
Its good that you attached the hw monitor screenshot. The temperatures look fine. Those 9xxx series Nvidia GPUs run hotter than the current crop of GPUs because they are based on older 65nm fabs. Nvidia specifies 105 deg Cel as the max temp of its 9xxx series GPUs, so your GPU temp is well in the safe zone (<70 deg Cel). If you want to reduce temperatures by some more, try to ensure good airflow to the GPU, maybe attach a side exhaust fan to your Gamma and temperatures should fall by 2-3 degrees. Also Im assuming your card is pretty old now, you should clean the GPU fan of dust and debris. If you are comfortable with it, even unscrew the heatsink and clean the dust off.
Overall nothing to worry about :)

P.S: If you want to monitor GPU temperature(and other stats) in-game, use MSI Afterburner. It has an overlay option which displays this info on screen during gameplay.
Also noticed that your GPU fan is only at 52% when it hit 68 deg C, this is because of the default fan profile. You can specify your own more aggressive fan profile curve, using MSi Afterburner to make it spin faster when temperatures go above a certain threshold.

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
@ OP
for GFX temps like 75-80 under load are normal..
So I guess you have very nice temp imo. :razz:

you may use MSI afterburner to set fan speed profile making it run a 80-90% so that temps come further down..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yeah man, crysis 1 was legendary.. no other game could compete with it in terms of technology/year ratio

Anyway, enough OT..
OP, you shd set GPU fan to 100% as well, whn gaming

OP
M

mit_1984

Broken In
Those 9xxx series Nvidia GPUs run hotter than the current crop of GPUs because they are based on older 65nm fabs.

So, shall i change my graphic card. I have upgraded my system except my graphic card i.e. 9600GT or will this card handle the upcoming games like GTA 5.

If you want to reduce temperatures by some more, try to ensure good airflow to the GPU, maybe attach a side exhaust fan to your Gamma and temperatures should fall by 2-3 degrees.

I will add 1 Fan to side panel of my Case.

Also Im assuming your card is pretty old now, you should clean the GPU fan of dust and debris. If you are comfortable with it, even unscrew the heatsink and clean the dust off.
Overall nothing to worry about :)

I have recently cleaned up my graphic card.. im not good at unscrewing and puting it back together.

If you want to monitor GPU temperature(and other stats) in-game, use MSI Afterburner. It has an overlay option which displays this info on screen during gameplay.
Also noticed that your GPU fan is only at 52% when it hit 68 deg C, this is because of the default fan profile. You can specify your own more aggressive fan profile curve, using MSi Afterburner to make it spin faster when temperatures go above a certain threshold.

Thanks a lot for suggesting this software, i really see the difference now.. while playing games. i have set fan speed upto 90% for threshold 68 deg C. So now my Max temp is upto 65 deg C :)

OP
M

mit_1984

Broken In
How will system know if you are running a game??
easiest way is to keep fan
@ 40% @50 C
60% @ 55 C
80% @ 60 C
100% @ >=63C

Keeping my 2 year old graphic card on 100% fan speed, wont that harm GPU? coz i play it continuously for long time! :-D

Top Bottom