Graphic card for my ryzen 2200g pc under 20k

khalil1210

In the zone
1. What is the intended use for this graphic card ? Gaming or workstation work? (Name few Games or applications are you going to run)
Ans: GTA 5, Witcher 3 at 1080p

2. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Corsair CX550

3. What is your Max budget ?
Ans: 20K

4. Which Screen resolution will you game at (if applicable)?
Ans: 1080p medium settings

5. What are your current computer specifications ?
Ans:
CPU - Ryzen 3 2200g
PSU - Corsair CX550 ( bought in august 2018 )
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz ( 1 X 8 gb )
Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350m gaming3
Monitor - LG 22MP68VQ 22" (1080p)
Case - Antec gx 200

Using my current system since last year. Thanks for all the digit members for suggesting that build. I am more than happy with the performance. I had a lot of fun playing games like Hollow Knight, Paladins, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3. I want to play more graphic intense games on my PC now.

So please suggest me a graphic card under 20K for my pc. I am interested in Zotac 1660 graphic card. ( which one to consider, on the official website there are 3 versions - twin fan, normal and amp version)
Should I wait for Nvidia 1660 super cards or AMDs 5500 and 5600 series or shall I buy a graphic card now?

I am planning to buy graphic card in next 2 weeks in CTC hyderabad. I will be buying additional 1 X 8gb along with graphic card.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
RX5500 might end up costing same as RX590 with similar performance but at lower TDP. Then again there is a rumor about 1660 Super which would replace current 1660. If I were you, I'd wait for review for both (when they are launched) and then decide.

Get that additional 8GB RAM stick now & wait for the upcoming GPUs, things should be pretty clear by Nov end at max.

1650Ti, 1660S & RX5500 are good contenders for you.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Get that additional 8GB RAM stick now & wait for the upcoming GPUs, things should be pretty clear by Nov end at max.

1650Ti, 1660S & RX5500 are good contenders for you.
When are the Super cards launching in India dude? Any idea on the date? And also after their launch, would the 1660 Ti and 2060 come down in price?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When are the Super cards launching in India dude? Any idea on the date? And also after their launch, would the 1660 Ti and 2060 come down in price?
Nvidia cards prices usually remains the same even after launch of newer models,just their stock is not replenished(e.g.1080ti which was available for its usual price when it went out of stock after the launch of 2xxx series). There may be some short sales to clear old stocks but only for not-so-popular models.

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
I have the same Processor and monitor paired with RX 570. I think with that Processor, he can go as far as GTX 1660 or similar..Where Games demanding GPU like witcher,Hellblade,Modern warfare Etc.. will get higher FPS and some games get bottleneck with Ryzen 2200G with stutters here and there..

I recommend you to get 1 more 8GB RAM Stick of similar clock speed and latency and spend the remaining amount on GPU.
Its better to wait for RX 5500 Pricing,it probably be similar to GTX 1660 more or less in pricing..
With your Monitor, AMD supports Free sync.it will help u play smoothly as low as 45fps..

OP
khalil1210

khalil1210

In the zone
I bought Zotac 1660 super for 19200
and also bought 8gb ram

I have played GTA V and Hitman Absolution. It feels amazing, I am extremely happy with my purchase. My internet is not working, so I was unable to try another games.

GTA V plays for few minutes after that it crashes to desktop and says to reduce settings or start in safe mode. I will check this after I get internet back.

Thanks guys.

I bought Zotac 1660 super for 19200
and also bought 8gb ram

I have played GTA V and Hitman Absolution. It feels amazing, I am extremely happy with my purchase. My internet is not working, so I was unable to try another games.

GTA V plays for few minutes after that it crashes to desktop and says to reduce settings or start in safe mode. I will check this after I get internet back.

Thanks guys.
Update GPU drivers, if the problem persists, reset Windows. I hope you are running Win10, if not there's your problem.

maheshn

Journeyman
Update GPU drivers, if the problem persists, reset Windows. I hope you are running Win10, if not there's your problem.

No. It doesn't need windows 10.

Taken straight from the Rockstar games site:

Minimum System Requirements:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
Recommended System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB

Neither quotes win10 as a requirement.

Link:

Grand Theft Auto V PC System Requirements - Rockstar Games Customer Support

It's problem is it needs periodic net connection even for single player, as mentioned in the same page:

Other Requirements:

• Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX , Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes
  • Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable
  • Over time downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game
  • Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible
  • Unlisted specifications may not be supported

No. It doesn't need windows 10.

Taken straight from the Rockstar games site:

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Recommended System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB

Neither quotes win10 as a requirement.

Link:

Grand Theft Auto V PC System Requirements - Rockstar Games Customer Support

It's problem is it needs periodic net connection even for single player, as mentioned in the same page:

Other Requirements:

• Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX , Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes
  • Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable
  • Over time downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game
  • Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible
  • Unlisted specifications may not be supported
New hardware isn't exactly very enthusiastic to run on older OS & sometimes creates issues, there's no point holding on to Win7 & Win8.1 now. Also installing new hardware without changing OS also creates problems sometimes. These problems don't happen always, but since Windows has random bugs many times just reinstalling OS solves many such problems, easier than hunting for exact issue.

Top Bottom