GPU for old PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
My AMD HD 5670 not working.
Need a new GPU for my old Intel C2D system.
I use my old PC for web browsing,watching movies,anime,playing 2.5D games etc.
I wanted to upgrade my PC but due to sky high price of hardware these days I step back.
Beside I will not able to play modern games like Cyberpunk 2077 without spending at least 50K now.
So just give me cheaper solution according to my current situation.
May be I will upgrade my CPU+MOBO+RAM+Case later when price gonna come down.

quicky008

Technomancer
whats your budget?Even entry level gpus such as gt 710 are priced at around 2.7k these days and imo they aren't worth buying at that price,as you can get a much better gpu(used)by paying about 2000 more.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Used GPU have less or no warranty.
The only negative I can see.
But, as you mentioned 3K GPU not worth.
Should I wait,save 15K and upgrade later ?
Will I then able to play modern games @720P with good fps ?

quicky008

Technomancer
Yea that would be the prudent thing to do,for 15k you can get something like a 1050ti 4gb or equivalent that will let you run most games at med-high settings comfortably at 1080p.

But if you need a gpu urgently only for basic use you can look for a gt 210 (used)-they are widely available and i bought one for myself for only Rs 500(512 mb ram version) a few yrs back and it has been working just fine.If you buy a gt 210 then dont spend more than 1-1.5k on it,it wont be worthwhile.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thanks!

Which GPU is equal (not less but more) to old HD 5670 ?
Will it be good idea to pair GTX1050Ti with very old Intel C2D CPU ?
Where should I search for old 210 or other old gpu ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Even GT1030 is better than HD 5670.
No, there could be some issues if you pair 1050ti with your rig. I am experiencing display crash every single day with my C2D rig paired with GT 710.
Use your iGPU for now. If you want something better, either go for a new rig and GPU or go for old used card.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Will it be good idea to pair GTX1050Ti with very old Intel C2D CPU ?
As long as the motherboard and CPU are compatible with a gpu, there is no reason to think a 1050ti would give trouble with C2D .. except perhaps if the motherboard requires a BIOS update ( to support the GPU ) .

quicky008

Technomancer
As long as the motherboard and CPU are compatible with a gpu, there is no reason to think a 1050ti would give trouble with C2D .. except perhaps if the motherboard requires a BIOS update ( to support the GPU ) .
Certain newer graphics cards exhibit compatibility issues when paired with a system that has a legacy bios(non-UEFI).

@op:you should only invest in a 1050ti after you've upgraded your system-in its current state,its not worthwhile.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thank you all.

Then I will spend 15K for CPU+GPU+Mobo+RAM later instead only for GPU.
Until then I will use iGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom