GPU Buy for my relatively old gaming PC

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Do we have a budget or sky is the limit? ;)
Sorry, forgot to mention earlier, budget can be anything within the mentioned range of GPU earlier. 15-30k or max 35-40k. Also I need a good keyboard, mouse, speakers and mousepad too as those are worn out as well. Rest of my PC components are good for another run until I change them.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
This is the best you can get and not bottleneck the best of the latest GPU - Titan RTX which is ridiculously expensive (few lakhs, I guess) and power hungry. Not 100% of the cases, but mostly it won't bottleneck.

Ryzen 3600
Asrock B450 Pro4 or MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
GT710 or cheap used card for the time being or GT 1030 (it's your choice, which you wanna lean) - If you gonna get a beasty GPU next month, buying GT 1030 is kinda waste. For one month better use your existing build. Get a used card for about 1k or so just to get display out/watching movies, not for gaming.
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3200mhz DDR4 (you can add one more stick later)
Logitech KB/Mouse combo
Creative or Logitech 2.1 speaker

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
This is the best you can get and not bottleneck the best of the latest GPU - Titan RTX which is ridiculously expensive (few lakhs, I guess) and power hungry. Not 100% of the cases, but mostly it won't bottleneck.

Ryzen 3600
Asrock B450 Pro4 or MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
GT710 or cheap used card for the time being or GT 1030 (it's your choice, which you wanna lean) - If you gonna get a beasty GPU next month, buying GT 1030 is kinda waste. For one month better use your existing build. Get a used card for about 1k or so just to get display out/watching movies, not for gaming.
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3200mhz DDR4 (you can add one more stick later)
Logitech KB/Mouse combo
Creative or Logitech 2.1 speaker
Thanks a lot mate for quick reply. Your config looks good, but can you plz include tentative pricing for those components next to their names? Also with that config, can't I run my display off motherboard using inbuilt GPU on CPU or does it not have it? Also since I am using AMD CPU already, can't there be any good Intel CPU recommendations in my price bracket? Basically, I can skip other components for now if needed and budget should be good enough for Intel one? Or AMD are much better nowadays with Ryzen series?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryzen 3600--17k
Buy Online ASRock B450 PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory ATX AMD Motherboard - in India 7k
Buy Online ADATA XPG Gammix D30 Series 8GB (8GBX1) DDR4 3200MHz Memory AX4U320038G16-SR30 - in India
*www.amazon.in/Logitech-MK200-Media-Wired-Keyboard/dp/B008QS7KN8
*www.amazon.in/A110-2-1-Channel-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B00E2OY9OS OR *www.amazon.in/F-203G-Channel-Multimedia-Speakers-System/dp/B00E2OY62S
Best time to buy from amazon will be in Oct during its great shopping festival sale.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Intel CPUs which have F suffix don't have iGPU
Ryzen CPUs which don't have G suffix don't have iGPU

Yes, AMD is better. For less money you get equal or better performance from AMD.

Going by 'not now" assume that you want to overclock in the future. Cheapest overclockable Intel chip is 9600K which costs about 20k. While Ryzen 3600 costs less and performs about 50% better in multi threaded work load. And not to mention about bottlenecking Titan RTX ;)

Cheapest board to OC Intel chips would cost about 12k, at least. With AMD you have an option to go for cheaper option.
To match Ryzen 3600, you will need to get 9900K which costs about 40k. And there goes all your budget to CPU alone.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Thank you mates. Didn't knew AMD has gone way ahead than Intel in CPU market. Wow, Ryzen looks so good now with all the advancements in gaming and multi-cores. Not to mention the prior advantage of having lesser price than Intel is still intact. My next rig would surely be with AMD processor.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Is Erodov.com down for everyone? I'm unable to access it from past 2 days. Too bad as I was looking to buy a GPU from there and can't check any PMs.

Top Bottom