Got an N85.. Finally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalyan

Had been on a dilemma between N82 and N85. But the N82 is out of stock. I could only get a silver one after visiting a no. of shops in Hyd. So, finally, I settled with the N85 for 24000/-. (A bit expensive for me though).

I am completely new to symbian. Could anyone guide me what I could do or any sites for references? I tried to tinker with the features but had a few questions (naturally)

1. I tried to install nokemote. but i couldnt. as mentioned in the zimbio.. site, I tried to install the BiNPDA security manager. but the mobile displayed that the application is already installed. I am not able to install the nokemote application.

2. I installed the light sabre app. It was installed but when I run it, nothing happens. it is not shown in the running applications.

3. Cant we install any older themes in this version?

4. Nokia site says to get the star wars ngage game for free. when I click on the link, I go to the ngage site and I dont find anything relevant. how to get the full version? I downloaded one unsigned one but couldnt get it installed.

5. Some applications are not being installed. why??

please help.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Good decision .. only major thing lacking in n85 is xenon flash . though nokia are working with n85 successor which will come with xenon flash, 8gb storage , optical joystick , inbuilt compass etc .. I dont think updated n85 will be out for another 6 months atleast .

OP
K

Kalyan

Thanks to you. You guyz helped me a lot abt gathering the info. Could anyone answer my qns above? Can I install the applications mentioned for 9.1 in my mobile? any suggestions? I want to use nokemote in my mobile. I'll post my reviews soon. Thanks..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Congrats Kalyan :)

1) Binpda is some cracked stuff. Refrain from asking such stuff here. I can give you a hint, look for some .nfo files inside the .rar or .zip archives & open them in notepad. They sometimes have installation instructions.

2) NO idea.

3) You can install themes which are designed for s60v3. Older themes of s60v2 can't be installed.

4) You should download the n-gage file from Offical ngage site to your pc, then it will download a .sis file(Actual game file), which you should install in your phone. Before doing all this check whether you have installed N-Gage app in your phone(I think N85 should come preinstalled with N-Gage app). If not, then download and install it from the site. Then install the free game(star wars). After the installation is done, the game should appear in the N-Gage app. Just select & hit start :)

Enjoy N-Gage titles !!!

5) Which applications are not getting installed? Give me more details about the apps you want to install.

If you are installing unsigned or apps intended for older symbian OS(s60v2), then those won't work here. s60v3 needs apps to be signed using a certificate before they can be installed. And there is no way to install s60v2 apps,themes on s60v3(N85) as they have breaked the compatibility between the two OS versions.

sam_1710

Youngling
2. Only Marble Madness has been ported to your phone which uses the newer Acclerometer API...! So Nokmote or LightSabre applications wont work!! :(
Google for marble madness (FP2 version).. :)
And Enjoy your N85!! :)

OP
K

Kalyan

Thanks a lot and sorry to discuss the p*****d stuff. I didnt know abt it. When I try to register in mynokia, the site says that the emei no is already registered. I created a thread abt this. but What is the solution for my problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom