And 2 gb of RAM

So what is the cost of good branded DDR2 RAM of about 800 Mhz

vinyas

In the zone
800 is a bit expensive,most Dealers are disposing of there Rams @ 533,so Beware

Go for 667,Transcend Pieces are good & reliable ,or best is Corsair

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
DDR2 800 is not useless, something expensive can't be called useless.

DDR2 667 value RAM will be around 11-12k, expensive RAM or good RAM as you say like Corsair XMS or Kingston HyperX will be around 20k or more.

Rather get 4GB DDR2 533/667 Value at this point of time after a few months.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Corsair is the best but not as such better than other. You won't notice much of a difference, although if corsair is compatible with your mobo and exceeds your budget only slightly and you find a overclockable chip, then get it, else don't. D9 is ocable.

I would any day get Transcend over Kingston.

Ch@0s

In the zone
I have a couple of 1GB sticks of transcend 667... one week old wanna dispose off cos I'm getting ddr2 1000 in a few days. PM me if you want them. Will give u for 1k less than market price. These transcends are based on micron d9gmh which happens to be one of the best chips currently available and do 850 @ 4-4-4 @2.2V easily.

Sandman

Broken In
Ch@0s said:
I have a couple of 1GB sticks of transcend 667... one week old wanna dispose off cos I'm getting ddr2 1000 in a few days. PM me if you want them. Will give u for 1k less than market price. These transcends are based on micron d9gmh which happens to be one of the best chips currently available and do 850 @ 4-4-4 @2.2V easily.

thats a really great deal :D transcends have 3-5 year warranty

anu0512

Broken In
can u send ur full configuration of ur computer and price of ur motherboard and cpu, and where 2 buy in delhi

Last edited:

vinyas

In the zone
hey guys..... R Corsair Pieces Really Expensive ??

wat about 1 Gb DDR - II @ 667 ?

u guys help out........

anu0512

Broken In
DDR-2 800 mhz it's cost about 7400k - 7600k:cool:

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
If its ddr2, transcend is way better than kingston or corsair. You are guaranteed micron d9 chips. Here's the proof

*anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2862&p=2

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^ROFL Transcend Jetram is valueram and priced less than corsair valueselect. XMS doesn't even come into the picture. The ram in that article is XMS 6400C4 which sells in india for 20.5K+tax for a 2GB kit. That price is ridiculous. The transcend jetram i'm talking about here sells for around 12-13K all inclusive . There's no comparison between the two. Also its lame to be buying a 1GB high end kit anymore.

If one really wants good ram, its best to import. I imported my PC2 8000(1GHz) CL4 rated Cellshocks for less than that amount all inclusive sitting here in india :p. Corsair has nothing... absolutely nothing that even comes close to this RAM. The only thing thats about equal in performance is stuff from Teamgroup.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^The transcend easily does around 880 or so with tight 4-4-4 timings. Or so my pair did atleast before I sold them off. Corsair valueram 1GB sticks are around 7K all inclusive. Transcend is around 1K cheaper and a much better deal. They are guaranteed micron D9GMH chips which are used in most DDR2 800 low latency (4-4-4) kits.

As for my kit, I bought the new pair online and had it shipped via DHL. These are Micron D9GKX chips and the best ram in the business as of now.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Its not overclockin ram hehe... its value ram that overclocks a bit cos it uses good ICs thats all. Corsair XMS2 800C4 and 1066C5 are good but if you really wanna spend that much, you are better off with Team Xtreem or Cellshock or GSkill. The speed hardly matters... its the latency at the speed thats of paramount importance. 4-4-4@1000 is faster than 5-5-5@1100. My ram will go beyond 1300 if i loosen the latencies to 5-5-5 and push a bit of voltage but I get better scores at 4-4-4@1050, 2.2V than higher latencies at higher speeds. I still haven't found the maximum of these thingies... gotta try out sometime.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Ch@0s said:
As for my kit, I bought the new pair online and had it shipped via DHL. These are Micron D9GKX chips and the best ram in the business as of now.

Can you tell the online store where you purchased this & any other store which can ship to India. Did you have to pay custom duty at custom office or did DHL cleared it for you & you paid to them, I guess its around 32%.

I plan to import the graphic card & ram for my new PC

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^check www.memoryc.com. Customs ain't an issue as you can ask the guys to mark it at 50$ or something. I was charged 800 bucks customs out of which 300 was their clearing charge. DHL cleared it and I just paid DHL. The duty rate for computer hardware is 21.4%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom