good compression utility..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

domin8r

Journeyman
As far as compressing multimedia files go, IMHO, UHA is by far the best. Most of the release groups use it, and it can, and I've tested it, do some serious compression on game files. But, since its got a command line interface, you might feel a little lost. Get WinUHA [*www.klaimsoft.com/winuha/] its free, and provides a GUI to compress files in UHA format. One word of advice though. These UHA compressed files can take a while to uncompress. Otherwise, the RAR format can do decent compression on Word documents, and other files. Forget the ZIP format. Its trivial and does'nt do much compression. The ACE format's also an option, and was used by release groups before RAR came along. So there you go. If you've to compress executables, get UPXGUI.

champ_rock

champ_rock
i thnk uha compresses the files so much that the files get corrupted most of the times....... better take some more space than a corrupted one....... :)

domin8r

Journeyman
In my years of compressing multimedia files, with multiple formats, not even once has UHA screwed up my files. Maybe you're using it without reading the manual first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom