Good Camera Phone in the Price Range of 20K ?

augustya

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a goods camera phone in the price range of within 20K. Should have good front and back camera, should have a slim body, As much RAM as possible.

Any suggestions?

My list of shortlisted brands in terms of priority is
  1. VIVO
  2. OPPO
  3. REALME
  4. XIAOMI

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill this:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.134349/

Consider Moto Edge 20 Fusion.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Fill this:
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.134349/

Consider Moto Edge 20 Fusion.

I had a Motorola Phone back in 2008. I hated it. Ever since then I have pledged never ever to buy or use a Motorola Phone !!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I had a Motorola Phone back in 2008. I hated it. Ever since then I have pledged never ever to buy or use a Motorola Phone !!
If you hate a 13 year old phone, maybe consider Poco X3 Pro. Be aware of MIUI though.

Pretty sure that Vivo and Realme didn't even exist then but somehow you have shortlisted them despite their crappiest software.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
If you hate a 13 year old phone, maybe consider Poco X3 Pro. Be aware of MIUI though.

Pretty sure that Vivo and Realme didn't even exist then but somehow you have shortlisted them despite their crappiest software.

Yes so from my shortlisted brands above if you can suggest anything that would be great !!

And the questionnaire you have asked me to fill is below.

1. Budget-20K
2. Display type and size-Open to suggestion.
3. Dual sim-Not required
4. Preferred choice of brand-
  1. VIVO
  2. OPPO
  3. REALME
  4. XIAOMI
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)- Both
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).-Android latest OS
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi)- 4G is fine
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)-Multimedia, Camera, Internet etc…
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration- VIVO V21e and V20
10. Any other info that you want to share- Should have enough RAM to accommodate future software updates.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes so from my shortlisted brands above if you can suggest anything that would be great !!

And the questionnaire you have asked me to fill is below.

1. Budget-20K
2. Display type and size-Open to suggestion.
3. Dual sim-Not required
4. Preferred choice of brand-
  1. VIVO
  2. OPPO
  3. REALME
  4. XIAOMI
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)- Both
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).-Android latest OS
7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi)- 4G is fine
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)-Multimedia, Camera, Internet etc…
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration- VIVO V21e and V20
10. Any other info that you want to share- Should have enough RAM to accommodate future software updates.
Poco is a Xiaomi sub-brand

raj30

Right off the assembly line
Poco is a Xiaomi sub-brand

Why do you say Vivo and Oppo Phones have Crappiest Software ? Do they not have a proper file system ? is it not intuitive ? And how is Poco different from those ? Why do you recommend Poco ? Does it have a better and intuitive software or what ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why do you say Vivo and Oppo Phones have Crappiest Software ? Do they not have a proper file system ? is it not intuitive ? And how is Poco different from those ? Why do you recommend Poco ? Does it have a better and intuitive software or what ?
ColourOS and its derivatives are iOS wannabe and mutilate android too much. Their proper source codes are not released, so there are low number of custom roms, if at all for them. This forces users to stay on old software once "official" support is over.

Xiaomi, and by extension Poco, release MIUI source codes (even if delayed a bit), allow for custom roms while still retaining the warranty and don't break a functionality like fingerprint reader or camera because you've unlocked the bootloader.

The only reason Oppo and Vivo phones have a considerable market share in India, despite having sub-standard hardware, is just because of marketing and offline shopkeepers getting higher kickbacks from the company.

raj30

ColourOS and its derivatives are iOS wannabe and mutilate android too much. Their proper source codes are not released, so there are low number of custom roms, if at all for them. This forces users to stay on old software once "official" support is over.

Xiaomi, and by extension Poco, release MIUI source codes (even if delayed a bit), allow for custom roms while still retaining the warranty and don't break a functionality like fingerprint reader or camera because you've unlocked the bootloader.

The only reason Oppo and Vivo phones have a considerable market share in India, despite having sub-standard hardware, is just because of marketing and offline shopkeepers getting higher kickbacks from the company.

What would you suggest else besides Poco and if not Poco ?

I will say Moto Edge 20 Fusion is worth considering & blindly ignore Oppo or Vivo branded phones, even Samsung A series at that price.

Otherwise, Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max or maybe look at Realme 8 Pro.

Most of this stuff has already been said earlier, I'm just reinforcing those statements.

raj30

Asus, Nokia and Motorola for near stock android UI, except that Asus and Nokia haven't launched a phone at 15-20k in last year or so. And Redmi Note 10 Pro/Pro Max.

You said that your reservation about VIVO and OPPO is they are desperately trying to be iOS. I actually don't mind that. Since I own an iPad I am kind of into the Apple Ecosystem already. It is just that I do not want to spend right now on an iPhone that I am looking at an Android Phone. So VIVO and OPPO trying to ape iOS.is kind of blessing in disguise. I absolutely do not mind that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So VIVO and OPPO trying to ape iOS.is kind of blessing in disguise. I absolutely do not mind that.
Are you fine with their crap sabotaging the performance of your phone (because that's what their bloat does), being stuck on that forever and not getting any proper updates after 1-2 years (if you are lucky)?

You said that your reservation about VIVO and OPPO is they are desperately trying to be iOS. I actually don't mind that. Since I own an iPad I am kind of into the Apple Ecosystem already. It is just that I do not want to spend right now on an iPhone that I am looking at an Android Phone. So VIVO and OPPO trying to ape iOS.is kind of blessing in disguise. I absolutely do not mind that.
Even if you leave OS aside, oppo & vivo don't provide best specs for the money as its meant for offline stores & have a lot of middlemen in between, so higher price for the same specs or inferior specs for the same price as Realme or iQoo, which are their sister brands.

At the end, your call.

raj30

Are you fine with their crap sabotaging the performance of your phone (because that's what their bloat does), being stuck on that forever and not getting any proper updates after 1-2 years (if you are lucky)?

Not that I am stuck on VIVO and OPPO but they have some interesting Tricks up their sleeve, meaning they offer a lot of cool features, Fun Features in their Phone with the APPS for e.g. You can do a Video recording simultaneously with the Front and Rear Camera, so imagine you are in a Concert (I do not know when will that happen in a Covid World) but imagine you are in a Concert and you are doing a Video Recording you can shoot the Artist from the Rear Camera and at the same you can record the crowd along side you and their reaction at the same time. How cool is that ? That is very innovative. I do not think any of the Xiaomi, RealMe, Redmi or Mototorla offers that kind of Fun Features. That is why it is alluring me !!

K_akash_i

Journeyman
Not that I am stuck on VIVO and OPPO but they have some interesting Tricks up their sleeve, meaning they offer a lot of cool features, Fun Features in their Phone with the APPS for e.g. You can do a Video recording simultaneously with the Front and Rear Camera, so imagine you are in a Concert (I do not know when will that happen in a Covid World) but imagine you are in a Concert and you are doing a Video Recording you can shoot the Artist from the Rear Camera and at the same you can record the crowd along side you and their reaction at the same time. How cool is that ? That is very innovative. I do not think any of the Xiaomi, RealMe, Redmi or Mototorla offers that kind of Fun Features. That is why it is alluring me !!
what do u do when u video call?.There might be app alternatives for these minor things.I dont even see it as innovative or a feature .any phone with camera on both sides can do it.It is prolly a copy of mixcam app from ios.

Top Bottom