going abroad need laptop urgently

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi All, my friend is going abroad next week and he needs a budget laptop urgently.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30k max 32k.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14-15.6 inch

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, dell, sony, lenovo
b. Dislike: samsung, acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
for travel purpose, occasional browsing, movies, MS office use, etc. gaming is not a necessity

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
any

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
My friend wants only intel. He is dumb and wont understand the AMD quad core benifits, so please recommend only intel. Please dont recommend online purchase, because my friend would want to pick it up at a local store. I was thinking about the think pad series if any come below 32k.

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I would recommend an HP Probook series with 3rd Gen i3 .

HP 4441s Probook (DON63PA) Price in India, HP 4441s Probook (DON63PA) Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com

I think it may be available for less for local Purchase since the i5 model costs Rs.38000 on the market.This mentioned model is 4441s which has a graphic card.Look for a probook model with i3 config.Avoiding graphic card,it may be available around 32k.It's a great laptop if you don't much into a gaming boasting of Best building among budget laps.If you can increase your budget upto 36k,an i5 model is available in Homeshop 18

Flash

Lost in speed
Where is he going? If it is US , better to get laptop from there.
That's a only wise thing, one can do. Moreover, he/she can buy a better laptop there for a lesser price via Cheap Deals, Best Hot Daily Deals and Coupons by Deals2buy.com on 2013-04-02

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah try out any one of the online seller in US and you will get better vfm in respect to if you are buying it in India

OP
samudragupta

samudragupta

Youngling
THanks friends he is travelling to europe - switzerland. He has got a samsung tablet 10.1 inch screen from croma for 34k.

Top Bottom