Godfather film director whacks Godfather game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Godfather film director whacks Godfather game

When Electronic Arts announced it was adapting The Godfather last year, many cinephiles wondered how the operatic mafia drama would translate into a game. Then this year, it was revealed that Robert Duvall, James Caan, and the late Marlon Brando had all recorded voice-overs for it. The involvement of the stars gave the project a big boost in the credibility department, raising hopes for the game.

Now, however, the man primarily responsible for The Godfather film is speaking out against the Godfather game. According to several wire services, writer-director Francis Ford Coppola expressed his displeasure with Paramount Pictures for selling off the game rights on the American Movie Classics cable network show Sunday Morning ShootOut.

"I knew nothing about it. They never asked me if I thought it was a good idea," he reportedly said. His ire was further riled when he was given a preview build of the game by EA. "They use the characters everyone knows, and then for the next hour they shoot and kill each other. I had absolutely nothing to do with the game, and I disapprove," he was quoted as saying.

The Godfather game is slated for a fourth quarter 2005 release for the PC, PSP, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. EA, its developer and publisher, has said it will be rated "M" for Mature. GameSpot's previous coverage has more information on the film adaptation.

Source: gamespot

anuraag_01

Broken In
this is how these big shots are. i think Coppola is pissed off because the studio did not consult him. anyway, i don't think a game would be in any way derogatory for the movie. okay, so the godfather is a classic, but i don't think any game, however bad could take anything away from the cult status it enjoy. waiting for the game....hope my fx5200 is able to pull it off.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hmm ... the game is going to be intresting , the godfather was a intresting book (not seen the movie yet), i hope the game to be intresting too.

but the game should be better than Mafia . Mafia was really superb .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom