Gnome icon theme

meetdilip

Computer Addict
For those who wonder how the Gnome's Adwaita icon theme give it a face lift. It is almost complete.

GNOME / adwaita-icon-theme · GitLab

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
For the uninitiated, can you be a little more elaborate?
Maybe few screenshots? And will it work on the Gnome desktop of any distro? Be it Ubuntu or Mint?

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
They are the new icons. Something like Windows replacing XP icons with Windows 10 ones. It is supposed to ship as default with Gnome. But I don't know about Ubuntu or Mint. They do customize a lot on theme side. But if you are going to use basic Gnome on your PC, these will be the icons that will get to you

onesize.png

If I elaborated too much, these are the new app icons in Linux. These icons will ship default with Gnome 3.32.

You can see more icons here : Icon Grid

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I should also come with Ubuntu with an upgrade to Gnome. Mint's icons are compatible with Gnome's icons so this should get ported soon after.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Great. One of the thing left for me to explore in Mint Cinnamon is the customization. Right now the icons are not that great.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
There are a few new icons added in 19.1, alongwith new themes.

New features in Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon - Linux Mint

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I am not sure. Gnome wants to use a single size SVG and scale it to different sizes. I don't know from which version they are going to implement it.

Top Bottom