Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ Welcome to thinkdigit Vinayak. Are you a gnash developer ?

I never tried it as it is not in a stable state :D

praka123

left this forum longback
tried,quality is very bad.BTW<I tried sometime back(in the first days of development of gnash).

How about swfdec-plugin?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thanks for the feedback. Could you specify the bugs?

Yes, I used Gnash but unfortunately I had to use the ia32lib library thing which is way beyond my knowledge. I heard that the Multiplex xd3 technology Gnash has implemented in its beta release might actually bypass the rendering issues I had earlier? Assissvinayak could you confirm the same?

OP
aasisvinayak

aasisvinayak

Hacker
I am asking you again are you a gnash developer ????

yes I am....

Yes, I used Gnash but unfortunately I had to use the ia32lib library thing which is way beyond my knowledge. I heard that the Multiplex xd3 technology Gnash has implemented in its beta release might actually bypass the rendering issues I had earlier? Assissvinayak could you confirm the same?

The rendering issues are fixed to an extend . You might be knowing that it has 3 renderers viz., AGG , OpenGL and Cairo.

You may use Anti-Grain Geometry for a better quality

Just see the 'Interface to renderer back-end' file at

*www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/doxygen/render_8h-source.html

You can see that the rendering time is some what OK(of course less than real time).

but you can select media handlers like FFmpeg, GStreamer and MAD

It will be a great help if you could sent me the bugs / exact issues realted to rendering . You may also drop a line to gnash-dev@gnu.org

Extra stuff (not an ad !) :smile:: The gnash.h related info is available at

*www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/doxygen/gnash_8h.html

great to see another linux software developer here. I would like to ask the following questions:

1. Flash is OpenSource, but ShockWave is propiatary. Which of the two is gnash currently focused on ?

2. Which is the recomended standalone Gnash based SWF viewer for KDE and Gnome ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom