Gift confusion

HBK007

Journeyman
Moto X has better screen and Gorilla Glass 3. Xperia 2013 phones had complaints of bad viewing angles and washed off screen. :|
Yupp you are right and if anybody is wondering about the dual core:-
Moto X has a X8 architecture. It has some less power consuming cores for small things like language processing, motion features.etc apart from a very powerful dual-core chip. The dual-core chip is a stripped down version of the snapdragon S4 pro processor. Unlike other phones which take all the processes under a single chip, the heavy applications work on the almost idle two dual core krait cpu's.
This is a very smart architecture which has impressed almost all the geeks.
Youtubers like Marquees Brownlee and Austin Evans are all fans of this phone.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yupp you are right and if anybody is wondering about the dual core:-
Moto X has a X8 architecture. It has some less power consuming cores for small things like language processing, motion features.etc apart from a very powerful dual-core chip. The dual-core chip is a stripped down version of the snapdragon S4 pro processor. Unlike other phones which take all the processes under a single chip, the heavy applications work on the almost idle two dual core krait cpu's.
This is a very smart architecture which has impressed almost all the geeks.
Youtubers like Marquees Brownlee and Austin Evans are all fans of this phone.

I admit, the screen is good and the features are pretty cool too(Camera and waking up when user voice is heard) but I still believe these things are gimicky. These are achievable in ZR too with a little customization.
In terms of performance ZR beats it any day.
Even though it has X8 architecture, its battery life is not great(hence negating all the advantages of having low powered cores in the first place). Compared to which ZR has great battery life.
ZR has full-fledged S4 pro. :-?

HBK007

Journeyman
I admit, the screen is good and the features are pretty cool too(Camera and waking up when user voice is heard) but I still believe these things are gimicky. These are achievable in ZR too with a little customization.
In terms of performance ZR beats it any day.
Even though it has X8 architecture, its battery life is not great(hence negating all the advantages of having low powered cores in the first place). Compared to which ZR has great battery life.
ZR has full-fledged S4 pro. :-?

Your point is correct but one advantage that the moto x has over the ZR is that hopefully Motorola stays on their promise of fast Android updates and the fact that it runs on an almost stock and vanilla android experience.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Your point is correct but one advantage that the moto x has over the ZR is that hopefully Motorola stays on their promise of fast Android updates and the fact that it runs on an almost stock and vanilla android experience.

Obviously Moto X will receive faster updates. The pure android experience thing is kinda subjective. I tried pure android once(custom rom) and I hated it. I like Sony UI much better maybe because I am accustomed to it. As I said, it depends on person to person.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Phuuuuuh !!!
One more contender XZR ..

1. How call quality and battery life of ZR.
2. Will it receive furture updations?
3. USB ONG supported ???

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Phuuuuuh !!!
One more contender XZR ..

1. How call quality and battery life of ZR.
2. Will it receive furture updations?
3. USB ONG supported ???

1.I like the call quality, it's pretty good. Some people complain that speakers are not loud enough but I find them perfectly good. Battery life is awesome especially in standby mode. Once I squeezed 2 hours out of it in standby mode when battery was just 1%.
2.It will receive Kitkat.
3.Yes.

HBK007

Journeyman
Obviously Moto X will receive faster updates. The pure android experience thing is kinda subjective. I tried pure android once(custom rom) and I hated it. I like Sony UI much better maybe because I am accustomed to it. As I said, it depends on person to person.

I think you are right. I use the nexus 7 and have become accustomed to stock Android and always try to find CyanogenMod for my devices but it depends from person to person. Of all the people I have met some just love vanilla Android but some prefer the OEM's Stock ROM also. I think it should be the choice of the person who wants to buy the phone. He may go fo pure Android or Sony's ROM.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
@ Seamon : Bro tell me about the heat while HD Gaming or long tym use ..
Have you posted the review when You had got it ???

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@ Seamon : Bro tell me about the heat while HD Gaming or long tym use ..
Have you posted the review when You had got it ???

My phone gets warm by quite a bit. This is because the phone is waterproof. Nothing alarming or anything. Just tends to run a little hot.
No review, no.

- - - Updated - - -

No overheating when using for a long time. It heats up only when GPU and CPU are stressed.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
...... Update....

Guys each smartphone which is above $100 is not available to cash, contract rather..
1. Moto G LTE is $220
2. Samsung Galaxy S3 is $320

Now i will get $320 in india. I want to go for SG3 Neo due to the Kitkat .. but it dont think i can get it under $320???
not interested in Moto X

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
...... Update....

Guys each smartphone which is above $100 is not available to cash, contract rather..
1. Moto G LTE is $220
2. Samsung Galaxy S3 is $320

Now i will get $320 in india. I want to go for SG3 Neo due to the Kitkat .. but it dont think i can get it under $320???
not interested in Moto X

Xperia ZR has Kitkat. Besides it's way better than Galaxy S3.

OP
A

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
The game over

He will send $320.
Am inclined towards GS3 but worried for Kitkat..
Is it worth buying GS3 now ..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Moto X,nexus 5 anyday,i have a nexus 5 personally-great battery life compared to other droids and excellent camera

- - - Updated - - -

The game over

He will send $320.
Am inclined towards GS3 but worried for Kitkat..
Is it worth buying GS3 now ..

no samsung for the following reasons-
overpriced,touchwiz,lack of proper updates after a certain time,poor build quality and design,poor after sales and its too mainstream(couldnt resist the last bit :p )
seriously get a stock android phone anyday over samsung,micromax etc
even sony xperia series is nice but its over priced in the lower models because the build doesnt feel very premium in comparison(except for M2 which has a great build,my friend has one,she has dropped it tonnes of times no issues so far) and lack of updates but xperia is still worth buying over samsung due to better after sales and build

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ crap compared to Moto X which has a better SoC and more RAM. even free ram would be more considering that touchwiz is a ram hog.

Top Bottom