Ghosty CDW drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
My CDW drive (LG) started behaving ghosty. It is coming out and going in at its will. Any remedy?

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh never heard that problem before. :lol:

Please mention your Drive manufac,specs,rig specs and whether u did anything unusual with ur drive ?

BTW: Is it a samsung one ?

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
abhisekhkulkarni said:
BTW: Is it a samsung one ?
??
he said it is from LG. And u still ask. !!
BTW I got samsung CD-RW [sw240B] Occasionally this drive also POPs out Whimsically!

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
It must be a virus. Same prob. there was with my frnd. He scanned the pc a found the virus(forgot the name). SO scan ur pc.

vandit

In the zone
I think its a hardware problem. my friend had the same problem in his samsung cd writer.. better contact your vendor....

expertno.1

Technomancer
:shock: how colud that be

if its not working contatc the service center and for now remove the wire by opening the cabinet

expertno.1

Technomancer
@saurav plz tell frankly that u have the problem!!
coz many ppl on this forum only post i have this or that problem to increase their posts and in actual they dont have that problem

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
@ ALL
It is probably not a virus , coz I hv done a Full System Scan with Latest Avast! 4.6 HE Defs and found none. Somebody who is hving the problem , cud u kindly check with KAV and let us Know ?
TIA

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
expart.... at the time of BOOt up the CDROM ejects it self.... & will not going to close.... no matter how many times u close it.... the drive bay will just opens up.... after few mins (20 to 30) of working...... the problems sloves..... but to my utter surprise i find this time the The drive bay dont get open.... no matter how many times i open it... the bay closes it self.....

this problem happens some time.... some time the drive functions well..... some time i can work whole day without facing this problem.... some times this problem happens strait in full weak....

1st i thought may b this is vzq of heat.... but my other drive... which is LG CDRW.... is working fine.... & the problem can happen after the system got a full night rest....

thought i might take it to service center.... but this happens eregulary..... so still waiting for the exact reson........

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
From what i've seen it can be two things:

1. A trojan (more likely)
2. There is something preventing the drive from opening or closing properly. Problem with the tray. Get it checked.

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Thank you all for the interest shown by you in this matter.
I have solved the problem with some unusual method :lol:

Contacted LG and was told by them as a 'motor problem' which need to be replaced at a cost around 800 Rs ,without warranty. Also advised to purchase a new drive.

Online virus & trojan checkups did not solve.

So with utter frustation, I also went for a literal kick boxing with it :roll:

To my surprise, it started behaving normally after a literal kick except I had to isert the tray manually :lol: :lol: :lol:

K.R.L.Narasimha

Right off the assembly line
It is a spyware,run MS antispyware immediately.

Urgently,run a spyware scan(MS antispyware beta) and I bet you will get rid of it immediately,promise because I to got same problem and did the same thing.

premrajeev

Journeyman
i too have this problem with my samsung dvd drive,while my samsung dvdrw dont have any issues. BUT, this phenomenen is not constant and regulaar, sometimes the drive comes out by itself..and if we close, it goes in normaly...this happens once in 25 times, so i have no issues with it..Well this ought to be a h/w issue, as i am damn sure that my pc dont have any viruses / trojan / spyware kinda stuff...first i have 2 firewalls installed, ms antispyware , and KAV..all test results are clean..

it seems , samsungs are prone to this kind of weired ideas.....!!

thecyclone2k

In the zone
check the slaves/ master jack, if it is plugged into slave chord and the it in master jack (behing cd-rw drive) then this might happen. also, check if there is any problems in drivers.

premrajeev

Journeyman
ALL connections and jumper settings are correct,and cable settings and all.no drivers needed for any cd/dvd drive in windows o/s as o/s loads them automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom