Getting a Macbook Pro Shipped from the U.S ?

augustya

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if this is advisable and feasible, If I buy a Refurbished Macbook Pro in the U.S on the Apple U.S website and have it shipped via an Package Forwarding Company in the U.S to me here in Mumbai and try to under value it, will the Customs here still charge me a hefty value since it is a globally known item, and one can expect that you cannot fool the Customs Official here because no matter how much less you show the price of the item, it just takes a Mouse Click to know the Price of a Apple Product especially if it is a famous brand like Apple. Has anyone attempted this ? is this advisable ? does those sound doable ?

I do not have anyone in the U.S, nor any of my friends or relative is traveling to the U.S So before anyone suggests me to get it that way, for me it is not possible. Does anyone knows if this will work ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am sure Custom officials already know that Apple products are expensive and I doubt you would be able to fool them by reporting an Apple product as undervalued.

Unless someone is carrying it for you, you will attract customs. Generally, 2 phones & 2 laptops are the limits but I know people who entered India with more without attracting customs.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Unless someone is carrying it for you, you will attract customs. Generally, 2 phones & 2 laptops are the limits but I know people who entered India with more without attracting customs.

That also I believe has to be an open piece, which is considered as a Laptop for your personal use if I am correct. The law says, you can carry one Laptop pretending it to be your personal use item but it has to be like an open Piece not a Petty Packed Carton Box. If someone is carrying a Petty Packed Carton Box, it is considered as an Import and hence will be levied Imports & Customs Duty.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Whats the price difference if you buy the same refurbished MacBook Pro here in India ? You will mostly like have to pay customs if you use the package forwarding route.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ask on social networking sites/in person from friends/relatives circle about someone returning from US.Chances are you will find some friend's friend boss relative returning from US.

That also I believe has to be an open piece, which is considered as a Laptop for your personal use if I am correct. The law says, you can carry one Laptop pretending it to be your personal use item but it has to be like an open Piece not a Petty Packed Carton Box. If someone is carrying a Petty Packed Carton Box, it is considered as an Import and hence will be levied Imports & Customs Duty.
Yes, carry it as if it's your own.

Top Bottom