GeForce FX 5200 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapnil_l82

Right off the assembly line
My PC Configuration is P4 2.8Ghz 865 GBF motherboard 256MB Ram.I am using Windows Xp with SP2. I bought FX5200 (256 mb) card. Card gave me no issues in booting as well as running windows. However whenever i plays any game then it shows some junk displays and system hangs. Earlier it only used to show junk display and never hanged. However whenever i tried my card on other PCs (including on same 865 motherboard), there were no issues. Again i also tried one of my friends GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB) card, it didnt gave me any problem.Help me guys.

OP
S

swapnil_l82

Currupt display means screen flicks as soon as any object of the game moves. and as far as latest drivers are concerned , i tried both, latest as well as drivers tht includes in cd.
Let me see if changing RAM do solve my problem. BTW thanks for replys.

OP
S

swapnil_l82

NO, i didnt overclocked it!!!! No BSOD appears. Its just that whenever game is running, it shows junk display on the top of the game like some scrathes appears. games runs fine with the same card on different machines.

OP
S

swapnil_l82

but i tried 1 ATI card as well as 1 Geforce Fx5200 128 mb card o n my machine, it didnt gave me any problem.

shovik

Banned
The problem could caused by one of the following issues:
Your AGP card VGA-BIOS should be non-compliant with your ROM-BIOS
Secondly, try out 3DMark'06 to test whether there is any issue which should be looked after. Run 3DMark'06 with your 5200 card in the AGP slot. If there are any problems let the froum know.

Regards,
Shovik.

those must be artefacts,u get them when u overclock.
but u havent,so the problem is not with with ur graphics hardware.
it must be the drivers.

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Try unistalling the drivers. Get the latest drivers from the Net and install them.
You must run 3D Mark '06 tests with your card in the AGP slot. Post those tests
results here.

mayurpam

Broken In
even i am facing similar kind of prob i have xfx 5200 i year old ,it was runnig fine till now but since a month whenever i m playing pes6 or watching video in full screen the pc freezes and hangs after hitting ctrl+alt+del only the monitor get off and keep on switching off and on in interval of time i removed the card and fixed it back also uninstalled the driver and rolled back to older one it was running fine but after a 2 to 3 day same problem occured (please help me )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom