Gavaskar v Ponting

Did Gavaskar do the right thing by attacking Ponting?

• Yes, somebody had to stand up to them

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No, he should really not have made such comments

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gofeddy

Broken In
Guys,
A new controversy again!!!
Batting great Gavaskar has targeted Ponting and his men for their onfield behaviour calling them 'awful and rude' in the field.

Ponting replied to Gavaskar in the Australian way by saying "We all know the way he played his cricket, don't we? If he is talking about us, what about the way India have played their cricket over the last few years?"

And now Gavaskar has again stepped up to the challenge by saying "The Aussies could get whacked in a bar just as the late David Hookes was beaten up outside a bar"

Well.......I feel this is getting just too hot b/w the two . Just waiting for Ponting's reply........

Now what do you guys think about this?
Is Gavaskar really justified in making these comments as we all know that the Aussies are'nt going to keep their mouth shut and they will surely re-attack.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
I think its a one sided issue.....
no matter however they(OZ) play....
we Indians and even other countries hate them for their bad behaviour
on field.(forgot the Sharad Pawar issue?)

OP
gofeddy

gofeddy

Broken In
abhi_10_20 said:
I think its a one sided issue.....
no matter however they(OZ) play....
we Indians and even other countries hate them for their bad behaviour
on field.(forgot the Sharad Pawar issue?)

Its not one-sided. Both are reacting pretty strongly to each other's comments. But I thought Gavaskar should not have started this. The OZ are always the same.
Ahhh!!! Sharad Pawar. Man, what was he trying to do standing there on the podium while the Aussies were celebrating their first ICC Champions Trophy. He should have simply got off

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
no one's reacting......

and also with the World Cup heat on the head.....
even the news channels have forgotten the issue........

c'mon yaar, forget it and cheer up India..............

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
i think Gavaskar is trying to hit ponting mentally. Just the same way oz's used to give hilarious comments on teams visiting their country just to create mental stress on the other teams

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
yaa ...who care for these arguments......atlast everyone will remember only the results of the world cup....and infield performances of the teams

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
well he did the right the thing by attacking ponting straight ........that has really sent alarms to the aussies as ponting reacted on gavasker's comment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom