Gaming smartphones discussion thread

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/jSfhSDjWA8A2_TjEjEd7oesdVauBPcGJjir2yD_g-TBfIWRndh1duczDiDMLSN2-VK3CbK82hIP-ONlIGTxGNKmOslRMJzhVdMvjGBxQ9QesXL_uXGRp-mGXzBmkV0WiXGj5-FsY6bnsHZRtVg​

It seems like gaming smartphones are the next big thing among manufacturers. Companies like Razer, Xiaomi and Asus have already unveiled gaming smartphones.

However, Honor feels that most people may not want to spend a lot on a phone that is specially designed for gaming. With the Honor Play, the company aims to offer a smartphone that is good for gaming, but is still quite affordable.

Performance is king when it comes to gaming. The Honor Play is powered by the Kirin 970, which is Huawei’s flagship chipset. Further, the phone comes with EMUI 8.2, which is based on Android 8.1.

Of course, the highlight of the Honor Play is that it is the first phone to come with the company’s GPU Turbo technology. According to Honor, GPU Turbo allows the Honor Play to offer 60% better graphics performance, while reducing power consumption by 30%.

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/zcTd40gQXQ9YavI_CVE0JnZj_2RXuTae5px9R-cUqH40Ct1rTqWSN-8U55OP1QsVORMAoOPpk6fZ3Zn7iUKHPfTlo07P9D3rdnq-lLXpfwzh2-Gr4aWCNsUyEEm_LRIBaDnFfIA1HbBRpvWlmA​

The Honor Play also comes with a large 6.3-inch display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels.

The company also says that it has designed special vibrations for most popular games. So you’ll get a different feedback depending on whether you are shooting a pistol or a sniper rifle.

So what do you think about gaming smartphones? What are the basic features that you expect one to offer? Sound off below.

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

IMO Gaming smartphones aren't required as flagship phones have the top-level hardware, unlike the PC segment.

But a bit bulky phones with large batteries might become successful in a business standpoint considering the recent success of PUBG, which is being played by people who were never into games seriously before.

I would its a risk worth taking. If its hit, good for the company, if not, better try something else.

I would say the addition of a controller similar to Nintendo Switch would be great & Google trying to get more games aboard from big developers can seriously make Android gaming a big thing with the potential to kill off Nintendo.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Besides maybe rgb lights or a coolant thing, what will be the difference between a gaming and a flagship phone? Like Anupam has said above they aren't required. I would play pubg in my flagship phone rather than a $200 expensive phone having those lights and coolant. But yes a gadget like Nintendo switch, made by other oem's would attract gamers to use their phones as a pure gaming device.

TechGeek1

Broken In
Just forget about pure gaming phone.Make a phone with good capability of gaming which is enough just my opinion.Iam looking forward for the success of GPU turbo which could be a revolution of GPU in smartphones.Talking about gaming phones consider all the factors that could make feel comfortable a gamer.Like having the Charging port at side of phone,Having the speaker at some other position so that i wont be covered while holding the phone in landscape which could be often so on.

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
So what do you think about gaming smartphones? What are the basic features that you expect one to offer? Sound off below.
Really nowadays gaming phones have become a thing, In the last several months, companies have released a surge of phones focused on giving the best gaming experience. It makes sense —more and more mobile games are pushing the envelope in graphics, gameplay, and features.
Wheather it's Asus Rog, Xiaomi's Black Shark, Razer etc but I believe that every flagship smartphone is capable of decent gaming what you can do is bring some modules to attach for gaming experience so that people don't go for some bulky experience etc

Minion

Conversation Architect
Kirin's GPU are always weak they need to fix this issue by using faster GPU, if they want to give any competition against snapdragon

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
The Mali-G72 is a refinement of ARM’s Bifrost architecture, which made its debut with last year’s Mali-G71. The GPU features 100s of small tweaks that all add up to some notable performance improvements, but perhaps most importantly the design is now smaller and more power efficient than before. This paves the way for SoC designers to increase the GPU core count without incurring any extra silicon costs or hits to mobile’s limited power budget. So we should almost certainly see more powerful GPUs inside next year’s SoC.

@riya123

Broken In
I would say the addition of a controller similar to Nintendo Switch would be great & Google trying to get more games abroad from big developers can seriously make Android gaming a big thing with the potential to kill off Nintendo.

I would say the addition of a controller similar to Nintendo Switch would be great & Google trying to get more games abroad from big developers can seriously make Android gaming a big thing with the potential to kill off Nintendo.
Plagiarism at its best
IMO Gaming smartphones aren't required as flagship phones have the top-level hardware, unlike the PC segment.

But a bit bulky phones with large batteries might become successful in a business standpoint considering the recent success of PUBG, which is being played by people who were never into games seriously before.

I would its a risk worth taking. If its hit, good for the company, if not, better try something else.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Naam to ladke vala rakh leta. Farji degree, votes ke bad farji digit account.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Just forget about pure gaming phone.Make a phone with good capability of gaming which is enough just my opinion.Iam looking forward for the success of GPU turbo which could be a revolution of GPU in smartphones.Talking about gaming phones consider all the factors that could make feel comfortable a gamer.Like having the Charging port at side of phone,Having the speaker at some other position so that i wont be covered while holding the phone in landscape which could be often so on.

Do you even know what this means ? This "GPU Turbo" which you claim would bring a "revolution" of GPU in smartphones lol

Top Bottom