Gaming rig under 75K

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then try with fans first before updating bios.It may also be improper installation of cpu cooler(especially if done by yourself with not much prior experience). @SaiyanGoku any good budget priced 120mm fans from coolermaster nowadays(someone here mentioned that circle fan works almost as good Case fans - suggestions needed )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Then try with fans first before updating bios.It may also be improper installation of cpu cooler(especially if done by yourself with not much prior experience). @SaiyanGoku any good budget priced 120mm fans from coolermaster nowadays(someone here mentioned that circle fan works almost as good Case fans - suggestions needed )
I'd have to search for them. How many fans (of which type) are required and what is the budget for them? Are there enough fan headers on the mobo (otherwise a splitter would be required)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming it is the atx version:
TUF B450-PLUS GAMING | Motherboards | ASUS Global
upload_2019-11-28_18-0-28.png

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
it is the ATX version. @ SaiyanGoku 3 fans are needed as suggested by whitestar_999.
budget around 5k and that too only possible in emis. My funds are exhausted :). Temps going from 85-95'c really gives me the creeps. February, March, April and mid May in Kerala is unbelievably hot and i don't have ac in my room. Please suggest.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Please suggest which brand cabinet fan should i go for. @ SaiyanGoku
Didn't got notification for your post. I'm in office right now, might not get time to check the details. AFAIK, Noctua and Cooler Master have good quality fans and you can get higher rpm ones in your budget. They will be dead silent when system isn't stressed but still keep the temperatures in control.

PS: Just use @ and then start typing the member name without giving space after it. You'll get suggestions and clicking on one will tag them.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Didn't got notification for your post. I'm in office right now, might not get time to check the details. AFAIK, Noctua and Cooler Master have good quality fans and you can get higher rpm ones in your budget. They will be dead silent when system isn't stressed but still keep the temperatures in control.

PS: Just use @ and then start typing the member name without giving space after it. You'll get suggestions and clicking on one will tag them.

When you are free, could you help me in the fan setup. what type of fans in front, on the top.. i really have no idea about fan intake and exhaust kind of fans. I would be able to order the fans next week. If you can, please suggest exact model too. i would really appreciate it. Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The most common configuration is front intake,bottom intake,top exhaust,rear exhaust. All pc case fans are usually intake but you can install them in reverse to get exhaust type of setup but wait for @SaiyanGoku to confirm this.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
i just found this in amazon. how is it.?
*www.amazon.in/dp/B00F6S13DE/?coliid=I1EWUNCPHR4UG2&colid=Q2K3E5WORPLD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
When you are free, could you help me in the fan setup. what type of fans in front, on the top.. i really have no idea about fan intake and exhaust kind of fans. I would be able to order the fans next week. If you can, please suggest exact model too. i would really appreciate it. Thanks
IIRC, JayzTwoCents or ScienceStudio or LinusTechTips have a fan guide on youtube. If I'm unable to reply, please check them :)

The most common configuration is front intake,bottom intake,top exhaust,rear exhaust. All pc case fans are usually intake but you can install them in reverse to get exhaust type of setup but wait for @SaiyanGoku to confirm this.
This is a good option for air cooling. But if the bottom lacks enough clearance, it'd be better to use two front intake and 1 each for top and rear exhaust.
Make sure all fans have same operating speeds to maintain balance otherwise you'd end up with excessive dust buildup. Align the CPU cooler's fans to push air upwards (probably most effective with bottom intake and top exhaust) or backwards (effective with front intake and back exhaust).
i just found this in amazon. how is it.?
*www.amazon.in/dp/B00F6S13DE/?coliid=I1EWUNCPHR4UG2&colid=Q2K3E5WORPLD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I guess you already have a case fan. Could you share its specifications? Matching fan for output and speed would be good for airflow I think.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
I
IIRC, JayzTwoCents or ScienceStudio or LinusTechTips have a fan guide on youtube. If I'm unable to reply, please check them :)

This is a good option for air cooling. But if the bottom lacks enough clearance, it'd be better to use two front intake and 1 each for top and rear exhaust.
Make sure all fans have same operating speeds to maintain balance otherwise you'd end up with excessive dust buildup. Align the CPU cooler's fans to push air upwards (probably most effective with bottom intake and top exhaust) or backwards (effective with front intake and back exhaust).

I guess you already have a case fan. Could you share its specifications? Matching fan for output and speed would be good for airflow I think.

Hi, Corsair 100r only have the pre installed 120mm fan and it is mounted on back.

Fan Mount Locations

Front: (x2) 120/140mm
Top: (x2) 120mm
Rear: (x1) 120mm

Fans Included

Rear: (x1) 120mm

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
3 pin, 1200 rpm 4 fan pack:
Buy Online Cooler Master Silent Fan 120 SI2 120mm Case Fan R4-S2S-124K-GP 4 IN 1 VALUE PACK - in India

4 pin, 650~2000 rpm, argb 3 fans:
*mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterfan-mf120r-argb-tripple-pack-r4-120r-203c-r1.html

Should be 4 pin (need to check), 500 ~ 1500 rpm, argb 3 fans:
Buy Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB Sync CL-F079-PL12SW-A at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Buy Online Cooler Master Silent Fan 120 SI2 120mm Case Fan R4-S2S-124K-GP 4 IN 1 VALUE PACK - in India

*mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterfan-mf120r-argb-tripple-pack-r4-120r-203c-r1.html

Buy Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB Sync CL-F079-PL12SW-A at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in

Great.. I too have shortlisted two fans from Corsair after two days of searching.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B01G5I6MRK/?coliid=I3DEJ98XFMTRJ4&colid=Q2K3E5WORPLD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Corsair ML120 120mm x 2 for INTAKE
*www.amazon.in/dp/B00F6S13DE/?coliid=I30PY3DDKKQXGR&colid=Q2K3E5WORPLD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Corsair AF120 120mm x 2 for EXHAUST

I have watched JayzTwoCents, ScienceStudio(Greg Salazar) and LinusTechTips fan guide videos on youtube as you suggested.

Please go through these two models too.. so that i can order both on 5th.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Great.. I too have shortlisted two fans from Corsair after two days of searching.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B01G5I6MRK/?coliid=I3DEJ98XFMTRJ4&colid=Q2K3E5WORPLD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Corsair ML120 120mm x 2 for INTAKE
*www.amazon.in/dp/B00F6S13DE/?coliid=I30PY3DDKKQXGR&colid=Q2K3E5WORPLD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Corsair AF120 120mm x 2 for EXHAUST

I have watched JayzTwoCents, ScienceStudio(Greg Salazar) and LinusTechTips fan guide videos on youtube as you suggested.

Please go through these two models too.. so that i can order both on 5th.
Amazon is overpriced as usual, ML120 on amazon is imported
CORSAIR AIR SERIES AF120 LED QUIET EDITION HIGH AIRFLOW 120MM CABINET FAN (BLUE)
Two of these would cost 2k

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Amazon is overpriced as usual, ML120 on amazon is imported
CORSAIR AIR SERIES AF120 LED QUIET EDITION HIGH AIRFLOW 120MM CABINET FAN (BLUE)
Two of these would cost 2k

I have searched for these on Vedant computers and are out of stock. Not a single Af120 fan is in stock. Thats why i opt for amazon. Do you think its a good choice? apart from high price. should i proceed with this?.

Top Bottom