Gaming rig under 75K

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi guys!. Shouldn't we ask When OP is planning to do his next upgrade of GPU or/and Monitor? If it is not going to be before, say 5 years, then getting a 2060/1660Ti make sense. I am assuming OP like to play at very high/ultra graphics settings. If OP is fine with compromising on those settings and without any future upgrade on this PC, then RX580/1660 is good enough. Am I going right with this?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was using athlon pc with 8800GT from 2009 so I doubt he will not upgrade things like monitor in next 5 years & since budget is 75k then it means he is interested in getting a good system with minimal need to upgrade hence suggested all options incl 2060.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Guys, i have modified my configuration as suggested.

AMD RYZEN 5 3600

ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS
or
ASUS TUF M PRO B450

ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3200MHZ AX4U320038G16-DR30

ZOTAC GTX 1660 Ti AMP

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB 7200RPM

CORSAIR CX550

CORSAIR 100R

APC 1.1 KVA 230V BX1100C-IN

I really really want to include GTX 1660ti in my rig. So if i go with an Asus B450 mobo which supports Ryzen 5 3600 out of box, i can easily get 1660 Ti and the budget won't go beyond 75k. As whitestar_999 suggested that X570 is worth the price. I really don't know what to do. My mind keeps telling me to go for B450/GTX 1660 Ti and hopefully i don't know, i will buy a Zowie XL2411P next year. You guys pointed out that getting a GTX 1660 Ti right now is pretty much wasted on my 1080p 60 Hz monitor. But i want the very best GPU i can get along with Ryzen 5 3600. So that puts X570 out of question as Ryzen 5 3600/X570/GTX 1660 Ti extends my budget to 80k which is not possible. I will buy a Samsung 860 Evo or ADATA Ultimate SU650 480GB 3D NAND M.2 SSD next year. I haven't had any thoughts on having an SSD in my configuration until nac suggested to go for it.
Please tell me your thoughts and i will be more than happy if the configuration listed above is good.
Thank You guys. I really appreciate your suggestions and fast replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Zowie XL2411P
Has a TN panel. Don't buy it.
Samsung 860 Evo
Overpriced
ADATA Ultimate SU650
There are better drives out there at same price.
Get Crucial MX500 for m.2 sata drive or Intel 660p if you want m.2 nvme drive.
Getting SSD now makes sense. You won't have to deal with moving OS/data from hdd. With hdd, you will feel that the system is slow. I know because the desktops in my office (rather entire company) use only hdd. :facepalm:

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Has a TN panel. Don't buy it.

Overpriced

There are better drives out there at same price.
Get Crucial MX500 for m.2 sata drive or Intel 660p if you want m.2 nvme drive.
Getting SSD now makes sense. You won't have to deal with moving OS/data from hdd. With hdd, you will feel that the system is slow. I know because the desktops in my office (rather entire company) use only hdd. :facepalm:

So i will settle for Crucial MX500 500GB. As for monitor too please tell me a good 1080p/144Hz one. I would be able to buy an SSD early next year. But i am not so sure about monitor. I will try to buy one next year, hopefully.
I am painfully dealing with 160GB HDD and an AMD 64 X2 processor all these years. I totally understand... HDD.. :)
What do you think about my configuration? Please tell me your suggestions.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can still get SSD with your modified configuration in this budget. You will likely to find some good offers during dushera/diwali sales. If it comes to postpone the purchase of one thing, postpone HDD not SSD. Use your existing HDD until you get a new one. Go with SSD now.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
You can still get SSD with your modified configuration in this budget. You will likely to find some good offers during dushera/diwali sales. If it comes to postpone the purchase of one thing, postpone HDD not SSD. Use your existing HDD until you get a new one. Go with SSD now.

I will add Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD in place of Seagate 2 TB HDD. I forgot to mention that i have a Seagate 2TB external HDD which i bought last December from Flipkart. My bad. I will and i will go for an SSD for my system.

Reactions: nac

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asus tuf b450m pro gaming is also fine but make sure to get the bios updated & do not get any mobo other than this from asus. For ssd get crucial mx500/intel 660p & nothing else.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Here is the revised configuration.

AMD RYZEN 5 3600

ASUS TUF B450M PRO GAMING

ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3200MHZ AX4U320038G16-DR30

ZOTAC GTX 1660 Ti AMP

CRUCIAL MX500 3D NAND M.2 500GB

CORSAIR CX650 550W (550W is out of stock in MDComputers and is only 800rs lower compared to CX 650)

CORSAIR 100R

APC 1.1 KVA 230V BX1100C-IN

What do you guys think. Can i finalyze this rig. @whitestar_999 i will make sure to get the ASUS TUF B450M PRO has Ryzen 3 desktop ready out of box and if not will ask the seller to update the bios. The mobo currently is out of stock at MDComputers. Hopefully the new stock will be Ryzen 3 series ready.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can try Primeabgb, Vedant, itdepot as well.
You have to ask the seller if it's Ryzen 3000 ready whether you're buying offline or online. If you're buying in person and can see the box and it has Ryzen 3000 ready sticker, then don't have to ask them.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
You can try Primeabgb, Vedant, itdepot as well.
You have to ask the seller if it's Ryzen 3000 ready whether you're buying offline or online. If you're buying in person and can see the box and it has Ryzen 3000 ready sticker, then don't have to ask them.

Understood. i will compare the prices of the entire configuration from MDComputers, Vedant Comuters and PrimeABGB as well and then i will go with the lowest mentioned site. Thanks :)

Attachments

• RYZEN RIG.png
    RYZEN RIG.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 107

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The rig looks fine,asus tuf b450m pro gaming is showing available at theitdepot(but no guarantee it will be available).Do call before placing the order to confirm they will update the bios for ryzen 3xxx.

Also you have selected m2 MX500,instead get the usual 2.5" sata form factor from here(onlyssd is ssd selling division of primeabgb):
Buy Online Crucial MX500 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3D SSD CT500MX500SSD1 In India
reason being that installing m2 sata ssd usually disables 2 sata ports so better install 2.5" sata ssd which will save the wastage of a sata port.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
The rig looks fine,asus tuf b450m pro gaming is showing available at theitdepot(but no guarantee it will be available).Do call before placing the order to confirm they will update the bios for ryzen 3xxx.

Also you have selected m2 MX500,instead get the usual 2.5" sata form factor from here(onlyssd is ssd selling division of primeabgb):
Buy Online Crucial MX500 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3D SSD CT500MX500SSD1 In India
reason being that installing m2 sata ssd usually disables 2 sata ports so better install 2.5" sata ssd which will save the wastage of a sata port.

I understood. i will opt for the SATA one. Thanks whitestar_999 for helping me. Crucial MX500 500GB SATA one it is.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Sir, you can go for this Acer nitro ips 144hz monitor
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07WLW8QWN/
I will wish list this one and hopefully i will buy next year. Thank you so much for your suggestion. I had an Acer CRT monitor long before i bought my current Samsung monitor. It has served me very well. I have no problem going with Acer or other brands like BenQ etc.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Hi guys.. sorry for the delay. was busy with work. i have bought the rig on November 15th from local shop in Kochi.

AMD RYZEN 5 3600
ASUS TUF B450 PLUS GAMING
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR43200 16GB
ZOTAC RTX 2060 AMP
WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 500GB SSD
CORSAIR TX650M PSU
CORSAIR CARBIDE 100R
APC 1100 KVA UPS
SAMSUNG CRG50 23.5 144Hz MONITOR

Total 99.5K

I have installed few games like Batman Arkham Knight, Call of Duty WWII. My CPU temps stay 53-65 during normal usage. But when gaming, it skyrockets to 85-95 degree. is it normal?. I am only using stock cooler. Last night when playing Call of duty WWII temps reach 95'c. Please go through the attached screenshots for better understanding. i also have a doubt about ram speed. i am using Corsair CMK16GX4M1E3200C16 ddr4 3200Mhz ram but the speed mentioned in CPU-Z and bios is not correct. what should i do to get the maximum dram speed. Please help me to find a solution to the CPU overheating too.

Attachments

• RTX2060.gif
    RTX2060.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably because of avg VRMs on asus mobo(tuf b450m gaming pro is better) & inadequate air flow in cabinet(I hope you are using at least 3 fans in 100R cabinet). Also running ram at 3000MHz+ needs some luck & latest bios updates(again note that exact frequency shown by softwares/bios is half of the stated ram frequency so basically a 3200 ram runs at 1600MHz but due to the way DDR(double data rate) works it effectively works at double of the actual frequency).

Btw you only attached one screenshot & that shows 2060 details so of no use.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
Should i need to replace the stock cooler with a new cooler or just buy additional 2 cabinet fans. There is only one pre-installed fan in 100r. Please give me a suggestion.
I just posted that screenshot of 2060 to show my GPU :)
I have attached screenshots from HWMonitor in my earlier post along with rtx 2060 gpuz screenshot. Please check it.

Attachments

• DESKTOP-17O82MH.txt
    144.6 KB · Views: 125
  • HWMonitor.txt
    56 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all,are you running the latest bios version for your mobo from here:
TUF B450-PLUS GAMING BIOS & FIRMWARE | Motherboards | ASUS Global
upload_2019-11-28_16-2-48.png

Add two 120mm fans in front & one 120mm fan in back. After latest bios update,enable xmp in bios settings & set it to auto.

OP
J

JaiHindustan

Broken In
No. the bios version is 1823 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 Date:10/15/2019. I haven't updated bios before.. is it really necessary?. Sorry for my question. i know that bios update is very risky.
Could you suggest which 120mm fans should i buy?

Top Bottom