Gaming rig - under 40k

ryuzaki21

Broken In
I am contemplating an upgrade. Since I intend to only upgrade the processor, motherboard, gpu and get a decent smps, 35 k rupees(Indian) with an additional 5 k that I might add, I think should be suffice. What should be my best course of action?

I think an intel cpu (at least an i5 - ivy or haswell anything goes) with a decent mobo that leaves room for future upgrades....a solitary pci-e socket should be fine.

As for the gpu an AMD/ATI - r9270x or a r9280 x (something I have in mind for litecoin mining). Would request for best possible build suggestions....

snap

Lurker
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html fill these up :)

OP
R

ryuzaki21

Broken In
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html fill these up :)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming, Multimedia, Litecoin mining

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40 k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Indeed.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have a hdd - will upgrade this later

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have an 18.5 inches (semi hd - workable for now)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I am only looking to upgrade my mobo, processor, gpu and smps...perhaps a cabinet upgrade might be inorder as well.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Very Soon.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler...

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Navi Mumbai - yes I am open to buying from online shops but lamington(the mecca of hardware is closeby so might not be necessary)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Config must be future proof. I am tempted to buy an r9280x..amd for gpus.

Last edited:
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming, Multimedia, Litecoin mining

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Very Soon

How many days/weeks later?

Top Bottom