Gaming Rig for 75k

e33tad

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: A purely gaming rig. I play mostly RPG and RTS an occasionally FPS . But i need a rig that can run titles like crysis 3 or metro at max config @ 1080p.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 75k. I would like to keep it within this budget but will increase 1-2 k if necessary.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 8.1.1

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB min. If budget allows then 2TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: yes. 22" - 1080p . No previous monitors.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Only the keyboard.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Guwahati. Online only.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I did a little research and came up with my own config

Intel Core i5 4440 -11550
Sapphire r9 280x - 20943
Gigabyte B85M-D3H* - 5171 (BTW does it support only amd cards? crossfire to be specific.)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB - 6599
Corsair VS Series VS650 - 4118
Antec X1-E - 3700 (Other recommendations?)
LG 22" Led IPS - 9195
Western Digital 2 TB - 5283
APC 1100VA - 6789 (Too much?)
Razer Vengeance -3448 (only for rpg/rts i use game pads for other games)

I have no idea about UPS. Need recommendations on how to choose one. I I don't need much backup as i wont use it during power failures. Just need the bare minimum so that the system doesn't shutdown if a blackout happens (which unfortunately was the case with my previous ups)

The prices are from snapdeal/amazon which also includes delivery costs. Cheaper versions are also available but unfortunately they cannot be delivered to my location.

Any and all help is appreciated.

PS: Should i wait for amd r9 285x or the next generation cpu/gpu?
Also is overclockers zone a good place to buy? are the prices reasonable and the components good?

Last edited:
Top Bottom