Gaming pc under 80K

shaurya21

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: running the current AAA titles at atleast 50+ Fps, will do a lot of coding on web APIs

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:80K and I have a breathing room for 10 K more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10 mostly

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB minimum and maybe a small ssd for booting up OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I need a monitor with a 1080p display and 144 Hz

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week or two. Basically waiting for the GPU prices to go down a little

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes I will be building it myself thou it will be my first time

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai , yes, yes

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am open to both ryzen and intel builds . BUILD ME A PC!

Garv1386

Journeyman
I am Suggesting this configuration.

AMD RYZEN 5 SERIES HEXA CORE PROCESSOR 1600 - 16,600(Vedant Computers),
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8145(MDComputers),
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -9770(MD Computers),
SEASONIC SMPS S12II 520W - 5,565
Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 -3500,
MSI GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 T OC V1-21800(MD Computers),
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
ASUS VG248QE - 24 INCH 3D GAMING MONITOR- 27000(MD Computers),
SAMSUNG INTERNAL MSATA SSD 850 EVO 250GB (MZ-M5E250BW) MZ-M5E250BW - Rs.7,700(MD Computers),
TOTAL -103580.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
^Good config but I'm not sure of the availability of the parts at stated prices as of now. Also it's 20k more than OP's budget.

@OP can you be more specific about why you are looking for 144Hz monitor? 144Hz monitor is definitely lot better than 60Hz monitors even in day to day use but the monitor will cost 20k upwards especially if you need gsync too. If you are only going to play AAA games and not competitive esports and if you want to save some money from above config, you can get a good 60Hz IPS monitor which will save at least 15k bringing it closer to your budget.

OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
I can bottle down 60 Hz but will I even get a gsync ?

Also I will be buying parts at Mumbai and the prices are bloated af.
I was quoted 25k for a 6gigs 1060

Also tks for the config :)

Also I heard the new Vega series starts at 399$. Shouldn't i w8 for them?

Last edited:

Garv1386

Journeyman
Unable to find a G-sync monitor with 60hz, all start at 144Hz and prices are high enough to blow your budget, starting as low as 30k.
If you want to go for Vega you should buy a Freesync monitor.
Vega will launch on Aug 14th and i believe its worth waiting for.
AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 - 399$/25594Rs will be a good buy.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Unable to find a G-sync monitor with 60hz, all start at 144Hz and prices are high enough to blow your budget, starting as low as 30k.
If you want to go for Vega you should buy a Freesync monitor.
Vega will launch on Aug 14th and i believe its worth waiting for.
AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 - 399$/25594Rs will be a good buy.

Just not to get hopes of OP up unrealistically, 99.9% you won't be getting RX Vega below 30k in India. You can't translate US prices to Indian prices. We have import taxes etc which will add a nice premium. Forget Vega unless you can accommodate it by cutting down elsewhere if you want to stay in your budget.

If 144Hz is not mandatory I suggest get a decent IPS monitor at ~10k or below and get the GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580. These cards were available at ~21k-22k range just couple of months back but seems like those prices are gone now. RX 570 at <17k is also good but again tough to find the card at that price. You can look at reviews of this LG 22MP68VQ-P and check if you like it. It's freesync 22inch, IPS. You can't use the freesync with GTX 1060 but it may come handy in case you upgrade to an AMD after couple of years. Again this is all assuming your budget is 80k. If you have leeway to spend more and want to wait couple of months to vega to reach here, you can wait and watch but I personally doubt the prices will change much.

Last edited:
OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
I do have breathing space of 10k more . Also the retailers said the prices will go down in the coming week.

I hope atleast Vega will get the prices down for 1070 and Rx 580

OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
Also why don't I go for a micro ATX such as b350m-a.
Price quotations in the market rn-

The current price i was quoted for the ryzen 1600 + the above mentioned micro atx is 22000.

Price of 8x2 was 13k and the price of 4x2 was 6K. I can get 4x2 and may be later upgrade it.

Barracuda 2TB + 850 evo 250gb is 10850.

I was also able to get a 750w 80+ gold antec supply for 6500 just to be future proof.

The above is roughly 45k without a monitor, graphic card and case.

Also the above price will go down in the coming weeks as told by the retailers as there is a scarcity of pc parts in market rn.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
You can go with micro atx. Asus B350M-a is very good board but it has no heatsinks for VRMs but it won't cause any issue since you are not planning to OC and should also be fine for slight overclock as well. Just don't expect capability to do high and fine tuned overclocks as it an entry level board.

Yes you can get the 8GB ram now and upgrade later. What's the frequncy? See if you can get at least 3000Mhz frequency ram. There is ~5% performance difference between 2400Mhz and 3000Mhz with Ryzen CPUs. Nothing to fret about if high frequency ram is costly as it would barely make any difference in games as you'd be GPU limited in most games.

750W is way too much for your config. A decent 520W+ would suffice. Also mention the exact PSU model.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Also why don't I go for a micro ATX such as b350m-a.
Price quotations in the market rn-

The current price i was quoted for the ryzen 1600 + the above mentioned micro atx is 22000.

Price of 8x2 was 13k and the price of 4x2 was 6K. I can get 4x2 and may be later upgrade it.

Barracuda 2TB + 850 evo 250gb is 10850.

I was also able to get a 750w 80+ gold antec supply for 6500 just to be future proof.

The above is roughly 45k without a monitor, graphic card and case.

Also the above price will go down in the coming weeks as told by the retailers as there is a scarcity of pc parts in market rn.
RAM is overpriced for you. 2 8GB 3000 MHz sticks cost around 9.4k, even when the price is inflated. Get WD HDDs because of better RMA. No need to get anything higher than a 650W (or even 550W) PSU. Look for modular PSUs instead of non modular ones.

G-sync monitors will add unnecessary cost. If you aren't getting a 1440 IPS monitor, don't spend more than 10-15k on it. LG 22MP68VQ-P should serve you well.

Don't cheap out on case and get one with good airflow ( radiator support as well), front USB 3.0 ports and cable management holes. For KB, prefer mechanical ones over RGB "gaming" ones in the same budget.

OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
I won't be doing OC in the near future.
Also the ram is 3000 MHz.

I may have forgot the exact PSU name but it was a 80+ gold certified for both CM and antec. CM was a little expensive then antec.

Any reviews on AOC monitors. Was able to find aoc g24660PQU @ 14K

Also was able to get NZXT s340 @5500

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I won't be doing OC in the near future.
Also the ram is 3000 MHz.

I may have forgot the exact PSU name but it was a 80+ gold certified for both CM and antec. CM was a little expensive then antec.

Any reviews on AOC monitors. Was able to find aoc g24660PQU @ 14K

CM makes crap PSUs. Get a Seasonic M12II 520W or Corsair CX550M
Give a link to the monitor please.

OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
Mentioned monitor

AOC G2460PQU 24-inch 144 Hz Gaming Monitor Review

Also if someone is from Mumbai, please point me to a trusted retailer of your choice.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Mentioned monitor

AOC G2460PQU 24-inch 144 Hz Gaming Monitor Review

Also if someone is from Mumbai, please point me to a trusted retailer of your choice.
If you can compromise for IPS panels with 144Hz, then sure go for it.

MD Computers, PrimeABGB, ITDepot are good online and offline sellers. Don't know about other shops in Lamington Road.

OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
woah the retailer didn't told me it was a tn :/

I will look for the LG monitor u mentioned.

Also how will u rate NZXT s340?? I was quoted 5.5k for that.

Last edited:
OP
S

shaurya21

Broken In
RAM is overpriced for you. 2 8GB 3000 MHz sticks cost around 9.4k, even when the price is inflated. Get WD HDDs because of better RMA. No need to get anything higher than a 650W (or even 550W) PSU. Look for modular PSUs instead of non modular ones.

G-sync monitors will add unnecessary cost. If you aren't getting a 1440 IPS monitor, don't spend more than 10-15k on it. LG 22MP68VQ-P should serve you well.

Don't cheap out on case and get one with good airflow ( radiator support as well), front USB 3.0 ports and cable management holes. For KB, prefer mechanical ones over RGB "gaming" ones in the same budget.
Can u recommend some mechanical keyboards? Also a good case under 6.5k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -81.5K

AMD Ryzen 5 1400 -12500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8300,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx 2) 3000Mhz -10700,
Antec VP550P -4500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -4500,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB OC - 21000,
WD caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD -7500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS - 9000.

Total: 81,500.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
CM makes crap PSUs. Get a Seasonic M12II 520W or Corsair CX550M
Give a link to the monitor please.

New CX series available to buy, CX550M where ?

CM isn't always bad though,. .. CM GX550 storm edition is better than even Seasonic S12II/M12II 520 .. the only problem is there are no proper reviews for it..

also VEGA56 should be available to buy at around 40k , i don't think it will be less than that ..
it will most likely be faster than GTX 1070 though.. and you get Freesync

Last edited:
Top Bottom