Gaming PC for 65K including Monitor, must play Witcher 3 at mid-high settings

raj_55555

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I am looking to assemble a gaming PC for 65K including Monitor, must play Witcher 3 at mid-high settings.
Any suggestions will be appreciated, this is the rig I'm looking at but is a bit out of my budget when including the monitor:

CPU Intel i5-4690K Quad-Core - 19000
CPU Cooler Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3
Video Card EVGA SuperSC GTX 960 4GB - 21000
Memory HyperX Fury 2x4GB 1866MHz - 5000
Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard - 15000
Power Supply Corsair RM 550W 80 Plus Gold - 7300
HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD - 4500

SSD HyperX Savage 256GB SSD - 7200

Case NZXT S340 Case - 4200

I am not very savvy when it comes to hardware, so feel free to make any changes in this.

Any suggestions on where to buy from in bangalore will also be appreciated, I'm looking to sell my inspiron 15R SE for about 32 K and use that money for this. My inspiron can't seem to play this bloody game.

___________________________-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Witcher 3

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 65K (prefer not to stretch)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: not really, but only because I've never done so

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, HD or FHD nothing more

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: none

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as I sell my laptop

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: If I can rent a gaming system for a couple of weeks, that'd be preferable. MUST PLAY WITCHER.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Fill this first *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...-questions-first-post1542847.html#post1542847

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel i5 4440-₹12,500.
Gigabyte b85m d3h-₹5,500.
WD blue 1 TB-₹3,500.
Kingston HyperX 8GB-₹4,250.
Antec vp550-₹3,500.
Antec gx300/corsair spec01-₹3,500.
MSI gtx 970 4GB Gddr5 TOC-₹27000.
Dell S2240L-₹8000.
Total-₹67,750.

OP
raj_55555

raj_55555

Journeyman
Thank you so much guys, especially [MENTION=135546]deathblade[/MENTION] for the list.

Three questions:
#1. Do you really think I need the gtx970, wouldn't the gtx960 suffice? Not that I can't afford it, just curious why you chose so.

#2. Wouldn't the motherboard be a bottleneck?

#3. Any suggestions on where to get from bangalore?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thank you so much guys, especially @deathblade for the list.

Three questions:
#1. Do you really think I need the gtx970, wouldn't the gtx960 suffice? Not that I can't afford it, just curious why you chose so.

#2. Wouldn't the motherboard be a bottleneck?

#3. Any suggestions on where to get from bangalore?

1. If you can afford then why not go with GTX 970 instead of GTX 960.OK.
2. Motherboard does not have anything with bottle-necking with your GPU or your CPU.OK.
3. Go to Golchha Computers, Opp: Amar Radio Corporation, SP Road, Bangalore. They offer much better prices than others in Bangalore.OK.

OP
raj_55555

raj_55555

Journeyman
1. If you can afford then why not go with GTX 970 instead of GTX 960.OK.
2. Motherboard does not have anything with bottle-necking with your GPU or your CPU.OK.
3. Go to Golchha Computers, Opp: Amar Radio Corporation, SP Road, Bangalore. They offer much better prices than others in Bangalore.OK.
lol, you sound like my fifth grade teacher saying OK after everything. Thanks for everything, I'll go to Golchha today only.
For the first point though, I can afford a GTX970 but at the same time don't like to waste money if GTX960 will do. I won't be gaming over FHD anyway.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Gtx 970 is for future proofing.... As games get more and more demanding gtx 960 wont be able to handle them at very high settings.... So better stick to gtx970

Top Bottom