Gaming PC for 35K

KoN-

Right off the assembly line
Greetings! I am finally gettting a pc after 8 years so here goes!:-D

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: HD gaming and watching HD movies along the side. BF3,Dota 2, Mafia 2,
Hitman absolution,Fifa 12,Gta 4 (and 5),Dirt 3,Crysis 2,Skyrim,Assassins creed

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:35K (+5K max)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500 GB ( i guess the samsung one is cheaper(?) )

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:I want a 1080p monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I dont want speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:1st week of June

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore,buying from sp road.Dont want to shop online as i have no credit card.(pls suggest some shops on sp road)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want to play most games at 1920x1080 ultra settings.This config should last 3 years as i wont be upgrading it.I dont mind amd or intel.Pls suggest a performance for price build.Waiting for your valuable input.

Ps- Do i have to buy the original Windows 7 when i buy the system or can i just ask him to install with along with it (sry if it sounds idiotic)

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU Core i3 2120 6790
Motherboard ASUS P8H61-M LX 3050
RAM G.Skill Value DDR3 4GB 1150
GPU MSI Radeon HD6850 8850
HDD WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 4270
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST 1130
Case Zebronics Bijli 1200
PSU FSP Saga II 500 2400
Monitor BenQ G2222HDL 7500
KB + Mouse Logitech MK200 700
UPS Intex 1KVA 2600
Total 39640

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
If you buy Win 7 it will cost you minimum 6k and the ones the dealers put in your computer are not original so if u try to update it Microsoft will know.It would be better if you use a friends copy or you will have to buy it
And the rig suggested by RiGOD is balanced though i have never heard of that PSU.

OP
K

KoN-

Hope you dont mind my additional questions..

1) Isnt Zebronics Bijli bad? I read in one of the stickys posted that it is not to be bought ever.

2)Will this config work out over next 3 years as newer games arrive?

3)As for the windows 7 OS, i guess i will let the dealers install one of their own copies so that frees up some cash and I will buy the original later.Is that wise for a short timebeing?If it is then i can add that additional 5K to the budget so that i can have more options.

( I am a noob at this stuff so dont mind if i ask these questions):cry:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Just have a look at the PC Buying Guide buddy. Its a highly recommended model for budget builds.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@KoN-
1.) Bijli is okay for budget build but since its a budget cabby ofcourse it is not top notch.

2.)It is hard to say whether a rig will be future proof even if it has an i7-3xxx and a 7850 with it.
Computer components get outdated very fast so future proofing is not really something which can be truly achieved. RiGOD's rig is balanced enough and should last you for 3 years,but you might have to lower settings for games releasing after an year or so.

3.)It totally depends on you. You can either buy windows now,borrow one from a friend or go for the ahem version and buy a new one later. But noone in this forum will advise you to go for a pirated version. And I'm not going to suggest linux since you will be gaming.

OP
K

KoN-

Yea eventually have to buy the original os,so no point waiting for the inevitable.
As for the gpu will a factory oc version of 6850 run on this build? ( cause it will be better in the long run). Thx for all the help:cool:

OP
K

KoN-

RRigod can u tell me why my build is so different from guruDapreets's build? I am asking this cause he has a better mobo, psi and case than me for a Additional 1270 rs. And also in that same forum they talk about how zebatronics is horrendous. I am just wondering.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom