Gaming PC 70k

I want to build gaming CPU to play all latest games and games in foreseeable future:emoji_grin:
I'm thinking about this one Slide 10 - Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (June 2017) Slideshow

70K gaming PC
Total: Rs. Rs. 69,000

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 = Rs. 15,000
Motherboard: ASRock Fatality B150 Gaming K4 = Rs. 7,500
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6 GB = Rs. 24,000
RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB x 2 = Rs. 5,500
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB = Rs. 3,600
Cabinet: BitFenix Comrade = Rs. 2,800
PSU: Corsair CX700 = Rs. 5,500

SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB = Rs. 5,100 (I don't really need it)
What do you say?

I filled the questionnaire:
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Just playing games (all lastest ones COD, battlefield and future games)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 70k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: already have 3tb external ( I guess I'll buy SSD)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Nov

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't built before. But I guess I'll able to assemble all components. It is like LEGO (right?)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chandigarh and yes I'll buy online too.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: nope

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why don't you consider Ryzen 5 1600 + B350 mobo? 16GB ram would cost you more than 10k. I don't know if that cabinet has proper ventilation.

yasho2249

Broken In
Why are you getting a 6th Gen processor? i5 8400 has higher clock speeds and more cores at same price. Or just ryzen.....Get a supporting mobo. I don't know where they found 16 gigs for that price. Anyways 8 gigs is enough. Get a lower watt PSU. The 520 watts one from Seasonic

sohan_92

In the zone
Why are you getting a 6th Gen processor? i5 8400 has higher clock speeds and more cores at same price. Or just ryzen.....Get a supporting mobo. I don't know where they found 16 gigs for that price. Anyways 8 gigs is enough. Get a lower watt PSU. The 520 watts one from Seasonic
Getting coffeelake supported mobo will cost OP atleast 11k.

yasho2249

Broken In
Getting coffeelake supported mobo will cost OP atleast 11k.
Well op doesn't needs a z series but yeah no idea when the others are dropping. Given that op choose an Intel based system I thought he wants to stick with it..... Soo Ryzen I guess

OP
abhigeek
So Ryzen 5 1600 + B350 mobo is okay? instead of i5.
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 gonna compatible with Ryzen?

vivek g delhi

Broken In
I want to build gaming CPU to play all latest games and games in foreseeable future:emoji_grin:
I'm thinking about this one Slide 10 - Building a gaming PC under Rs. 70,000 (June 2017) Slideshow

70K gaming PC
Total: Rs. Rs. 69,000

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 = Rs. 15,000
Motherboard: ASRock Fatality B150 Gaming K4 = Rs. 7,500
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition 6 GB = Rs. 24,000
RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 8 GB x 2 = Rs. 5,500
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB = Rs. 3,600
Cabinet: BitFenix Comrade = Rs. 2,800
PSU: Corsair CX700 = Rs. 5,500

SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB = Rs. 5,100 (I don't really need it)
What do you say?
Regarding SSD, i say that you absolutely need it. It is the most obvious single part whose omission will mean the difference between an extremely responsive vs slow responding computer.
In fact you can stretch yourself and get a 250GB NVME drive or as 512 GB SSD it would be the better. Performance of SSDs scales with size in 128-500 GB range.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

vivek g delhi

Broken In
The minimum price of coffee lake mobos is 15k currently

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it. If I got budget left I might buy a new one
Then again the "suggested" config on digit's main site has pricing errors and was compiled before ryzen was released. Don't expect that low prices anytime soon.

Top Bottom