Gaming/Multimedia Laptop for 80k

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey Guys.

Its been years since I was active here. Things have changed, the UI certainly looks different, and I see many new members as well. Hope the community is thriving as it used to.

After a 3 years hiatus, I have finally decided to return to gaming. Initially I was looking into assembling a desktop like before, but my job might require me to relocate occasionally. So, I've decided to go with a laptop for the next few years.

1) What is your budget?

80,000 incl. GST +- 5%

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

• Playing games
  • Editing videos (Premier Pro, Aftereffects, Powerdirector)
  • Watching Netflix/Other streams

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

• Core i5 (8th Gen)
  • 8GB or more RAM
  • 1TB HDD (additional 128GB SSD preferred but not a dealbreaker)
  • nVidia 1050Ti (preferred), or anything comparable
  • Max 2.5Kg in weight (less than 2KG preferred but not a dealbreaker)
  • Good after sales service (dealbreaker)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Lenovo
b. Dislike: HP

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution: 1080p
  • Purchase place: India (Offline, Online - Amazon, Flipkart as well as official online stores)
  • Use case scenario: This laptop will mostly be used as a desktop replacement and gaming system. I'll not be carrying it around a lot and mobile gaming is also not what I am looking for. In this respect, a slightly heavier laptop won't be a problem. But what I am looking for are a good thermal solution, a bright display and also a sleek look. Some of the gaming laptops available in the market have ungodly appearance with colorful lights and rounded corners. I don't prefer such designs.
  • After Sales Service: This is an absolute dealbreaker for me. I have no time to chase after service centers and would prefer a hassle free, on premise after sales service with good track record. Also extended warranty as an option is preferred.
  • Feedback needed (my initial selection): The Lenovo Legion Y530 caught my attention. In fact it ticks most of the above checkboxes and also comes within budget. If you have any feedback about this model, or Lenovo in general (incl. after sales service), please respond.

Also suggest any other brand and model that will suit my needs.
Have a happy new year guys.

Check this:
Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Rs.95990 Price in India - Buy Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Black Metal Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

If you want good after sales, only Dell has it & Dell laptops are pretty expensive, like on sale you can get Dell 7567 with i7 7700HQ + 1050Ti for ~75-80k.

I had kind of bad experience with my Lenovo Y500, like average after sales & laptop creating issues. It was the case till Y50, as my friends who bought Y50 also experienced issues after a year or two. I know just 1 person having Y520 & his 1 year old laptop is working fine. But I generally don't recommend Lenovo & HP gaming laptops. Even Y530 has bad thermals, its i7 model runs at 90C+ on CPU load, check reviews.

Asus TUF FX504 has power limit throttling, so it doesn't run very hot, obviously at the cost of not running at full potential of i7 8750H but I will prefer that as it improves longevity. Hotter internals reduce life of laptop.

Top Bottom