Gaming/Multimedia Laptop for 60-70k

kaelthas

Broken In
1) What is your budget?

60-70k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming, multimedia, general use

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

768p and above

Important things-

1) Good after sales service (its India after all!).
2) Build quality.
3) Good screen.

I havent done my research but Lenovo Ideapad sure looks interesting. But not sure about its after sales service etc. Would prefer Dell or Asus.

oroboros

Broken In
1) What is your budget?

60-70k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming, multimedia, general use

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

768p and above

Important things-

1) Good after sales service (its India after all!).
2) Build quality.
3) Good screen.

I havent done my research but Lenovo Ideapad sure looks interesting. But not sure about its after sales service etc. Would prefer Dell or Asus.
Lenovo Y500 hands down, Get a fHD screen and you r good to go. Lenovo has excellent service in India

$hadow

Geek in making
For asus and dell you gave to wait. Asus is coming up with n550jv and dell will be updating its turbo series. They will come but when will be a question and for lenovo you can be sure that service will not be quick at all.

For asus and dell you gave to wait. Asus is coming up with n550jv and dell will be updating its turbo series. They will come but when will be a question and for lenovo you can be sure that service will not be quick at all.

I felt Lenovo's service as slower than only Dell. Its better than HP according to me

$hadow

Geek in making
I felt Lenovo's service as slower than only Dell. Its better than HP according to me

I have no idea regarding HP. We have used all the brands nearly but the service of thinkpad is really impressive but not of ideapad. I have been hammering my head against customer care for the past 10 days for getting ADP and gift vouchers but nothing from their side as of now.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
in the view of performance, the y500 and y510p are the best in the market as of now. However, Lenovo service is below average

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Those who are willing to buy a laptop worth 70K range, should understand below points.

1.At this price point, at present....the lenovo y510p is the best of best deals. There is no other vendors providing same specs in a lesser price tag.
2. Even if HP/Dell/Samsung/Acer comes out with their refresh lineups, the anticipated build will always be limited to an i7 2.4~2.5 Ghz processor and a GT750M max because thats the best one can get with this price. They may release new laptops which will have these above critical components almost same variant in Screen Res, Speaker, KB, anti Glare, LED , RGB-LED, BR drive, HDD/SSD capacity, RAID and RAM.
3. The next best processor after i7-4700 and GT750M are considered starting of high-end mobile components, the next best GPU to GT750M/GT755M is GTX765M, proudly starting the GTX flagship for laptops and therefore embedded in so-called expensive high-end laptops, the next best i7 is also marked the same.

So if you're waiting to get better components than the y510p's and also at same or less price range in near future, that would be too optimistic, the best thing which can happen is rest of the vendors coming up with same stuff with some ramp down in build quality, res, etc etc in a 50-60 range tops. Sony/Dell especially will NEVER offer any such leniency to consumers with i7 and high end mobile GPUS in 70K range.

Gtb93

In the zone
Apparently, there is a new samsung chronos model coming. 8870m I guess. Was revealed few months ago. Series7.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^ That will be good for consumers...nvidia hiding all their high-end mobile gpu's under famous brand bushes against prices which are hard to afford. A lil competition from AMD house can shake things in favor to us :twisted: they will have to bring the heat down

udit247

Journeyman
Those who are willing to buy a laptop worth 70K range, should understand below points.

1.At this price point, at present....the lenovo y510p is the best of best deals. There is no other vendors providing same specs in a lesser price tag.
2. Even if HP/Dell/Samsung/Acer comes out with their refresh lineups, the anticipated build will always be limited to an i7 2.4~2.5 Ghz processor and a GT750M max because thats the best one can get with this price. They may release new laptops which will have these above critical components almost same variant in Screen Res, Speaker, KB, anti Glare, LED , RGB-LED, BR drive, HDD/SSD capacity, RAID and RAM.
3. The next best processor after i7-4700 and GT750M are considered starting of high-end mobile components, the next best GPU to GT750M/GT755M is GTX765M, proudly starting the GTX flagship for laptops and therefore embedded in so-called expensive high-end laptops, the next best i7 is also marked the same.

So if you're waiting to get better components than the y510p's and also at same or less price range in near future, that would be too optimistic, the best thing which can happen is rest of the vendors coming up with same stuff with some ramp down in build quality, res, etc etc in a 50-60 range tops. Sony/Dell especially will NEVER offer any such leniency to consumers with i7 and high end mobile GPUS in 70K range.

+1 to sam from me as well, Indeed Lenovo Y510P is the best configuration one can get @ <75K in Intel 4th Generation!

Top Bottom