Gaming monitor suggestion

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?
24 inch IPS

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Mainly Gaming (144 or 165 Hz if possible) and digital art purpose when required

4. Types and number of ports required?
HDMi definitely, any additional is bonus

5. Preferred choice of brand?
None, looking for reliable quality. My current monitor is from dell and it is dying but it gave me 10yrs of service

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
So far i have shortlisted this one. But i dont know anything about BenQ as a brand. Never used any product.

BenQ Mobiuz EX2510S 24.5 Inch 1080p Full HD IPS Gaming Monitor 165hz​

7. Any other info that you want to share.
-

DestGod

Journeyman
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-25-inch-Comp...?keywords=240hz+monitor&qid=1663945233&sr=8-3

Or

*www.amazon.in/Acer-Predator-Compat...?keywords=240hz+monitor&qid=1663945233&sr=8-6

Both are 240hz monitors. Spending 20k on a 144hz monitor is a waste IMO. For 144hz, consider the LG Ultragear 24GN650.
Also what GPU do you have?

DestGod

Journeyman
+1 to the above post. Why not consider buying a 1440p 144hz monitor. It costs about 5-6k above your budget though.

Acer XV272U KV is 22k, will be 20k with card offers, grab it ASAP:
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Splendor-Monitor-Premium-Certification/dp/B0B5PQYLSQ/

Check reviews at rtings.com.

3060 can run many games at 2K at 60fps, for others, just run at 1440p with DLSS/FSR at quality/ultra quality setting.

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
ok, i m actually completely out of loop about monitor technologies because never had to consider much about them. So as u guys r saying i can play games at 60 fps at higher resolution. But then doesnt that make the higher refresh rate useless or am i getting this wrong. Coz i thought u have to match refresh rate with frames

ok, i m actually completely out of loop about monitor technologies because never had to consider much about them. So as u guys r saying i can play games at 60 fps at higher resolution. But then doesnt that make the higher refresh rate useless or am i getting this wrong. Coz i thought u have to match refresh rate with frames
See, there are heavy demanding games & light or older games. For big games like Cyberpunk, you will enjoy it fine at 60-70fps, but if graphics is maxed out, definitely a plus if it pushes 100+ fps. In many demanding games, you don't see a big visual difference between very high & ultra, so many good reviewers suggest not playing at ultra unless you are getting 70+fps.

But 100+fps is mainly required in fast paced multiplayer games, like CSGO, valorant, Rainbow 6, etc, all of which should easily cross 144fps at 2K with a 3060. Even games like Apex at min setting will be 144fps or so. Also light games like FIFA will run at very high fps at 2K. IMO trying to run a AAA game like Cyberpunk at 144fps is not worth it, you will need a 3080 to make it hit 144fps at 1080p ultra, I guess.

So buy the 2K 170Hz monitor & get the flexibility as you have the budget & an excellent 2K monitor is on sale. Generally with DLSS/FSR, 1440p quality mode will look similar or better than native 1080p rendering. Also use g-sync to get a smooth experience as monitor's refresh rate will match the game fps thus making stuff look smoother (IMO it works great but at under 50fps, even gsync can't help make a game smooth for me).

In a game like CP2077, you will need to use DLSS/FSR:

1663990192979.png

1663990155947.png

1663990482703.png

1663990325698.png

DestGod

Journeyman
It honestly depends entirely on what game you plan on playing. If you're a hardcore esports player (Valorant, CS GO, Apex, Fortnite, etc.), then I would suggest a 1080p 240hz monitor anyday. I've seen people (mostly streamers) pairing 3090s with 1080p monitors, which is of course stupid because a 3070 would give the same frames.
If you're more into single player titles and just want to chill when gaming, then get the 1440p display.
The 1440p monitor was suggested because you mentioned that you plan on upgrading to a 3080 ti, which is pointless at 1080p.

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Oh, i see. Thank you guys for your suggestions. Ordered the 2k monitor mentioned above.
Also, wanted to ask another thing related to g-sync. Lots of monitor support g-sync on a specific port like Display port. When that is the case, it only means the display port on the monitor , right? It doesnt matter what the port on the motherboard/graphic card is? Like lets say i have to use HDMI to DP cable.
Just curious about this, as I was doing my various monitor research.

DestGod

Journeyman
Oh, i see. Thank you guys for your suggestions. Ordered the 2k monitor mentioned above.
Also, wanted to ask another thing related to g-sync. Lots of monitor support g-sync on a specific port like Display port. When that is the case, it only means the display port on the monitor , right? It doesnt matter what the port on the motherboard/graphic card is? Like lets say i have to use HDMI to DP cable.
Just curious about this, as I was doing my various monitor research.
G Sync doesn't work with every HDMI standard, only HDMI 2.1 and Display Port. The monitor you bought doesn't seem to have HDMI 2.1, so you'll just have to use the display port. The monitor comes with a DP cable as well, so use that.

Congrats on your purchase.

Top Bottom