Gaming Monitor for Gaming (20-30K)

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey Guys, so recently i got a ps4 pro and i am looking for a tv to hook it up to.

1. Budget?
20-30k
2. Display type and size?
LCD/LED and about 32 inch
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Gaming through PS4 pro
4. Types and number of ports required?
HDMI slot is a must
5. Preferred choice of brand?
Any reliable brand, no preference as such
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Nope
7. Any other info that you want to share.
While i do agree that you get the best performance at 4k tv, Pls bear in mind that this is a secondary tv for me and i will eventually upgrade my Primary tv(LG) into a 4k eventually. But for now, i am looking at 1080p resolution(Full HD)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/LG-32MN58H-31-5-inch...F8&qid=1517762061&sr=1-33&refinements=p_89:LG
Don't know how it will fare as a gaming monitor for PS4 though.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
*www.amazon.in/LG-32MN58H-31-5-inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B01MYTIIHB/ref=sr_1_33?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1517762061&sr=1-33&refinements=p_89:LG
Don't know how it will fare as a gaming monitor for PS4 though.
Doesn't seem to be available right now. Do you have any alternative options too i could look at?
Btw can anyone please explain what is hdmi premium?Supposedly its a blue coloured port. Does it make any difference to the display or is this some kind of marketing gimmick?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
For 4K's sake: why is the industry making HDMI cables so complicated? | TechRadar
Basically a "premium hdmi" port is just a fancy name for hdmi 2.0.

This is the only other model from LG that is 27" with freesync:
*www.amazon.in/LG-27MP89HM-S-FreeSy...feature_browse-bin:1464384031,p_36:1318507031

@SaiyanGoku may be able to suggest some more options

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
For 4K's sake: why is the industry making HDMI cables so complicated? | TechRadar
Basically a "premium hdmi" port is just a fancy name for hdmi 2.0.

This is the only other model from LG that is 27" with freesync:
*www.amazon.in/LG-27MP89HM-S-FreeSync-Borderless-1920x1080/dp/B0714JFBC8/ref=sr_1_47?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1517779887&sr=1-47&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin:1464384031,p_36:1318507031

@SaiyanGoku may be able to suggest some more options
Thanks for the recommendation. It fits my requirement quite easily, but again i can't find sellers for this product again. @SaiyanGoku Could you please suggest some more options or should i go ahead with the LG recommendation of @whitestar_999

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the recommendation. It fits my requirement quite easily, but again i can't find sellers for this product again. @SaiyanGoku Could you please suggest some more options or should i go ahead with the LG recommendation of @whitestar_999
If you are ok with latency and input lag than only get a TV for gaming. I don't know if there are big 32" 1080p/1440p/4k monitors with built-in speakers.
Check locally for non-smart LG, samsung, sony and panasonic 1080p TVs. You could find them for 15-25k easily. Take your PS4 with you as well for testing.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
If you are ok with latency and input lag than only get a TV for gaming. I don't know if there are big 32" 1080p/1440p/4k monitors with built-in speakers.
Check locally for non-smart LG, samsung, sony and panasonic 1080p TVs. You could find them for 15-25k easily. Take your PS4 with you as well for testing.
Went around asking in stores to test and everywhere i went, i got a puzzled look. Most of the stores kept insisting on 32 inch smart tv of either Panasonic and Samsung. Tried it with samsung 5100 model and it worked, although the price was on the higher side.
What are the alternatives to a tv for gaming. Should i then instead opt for the option given by whitestar_999. Are you talking about monitors like pc monitors for gaming?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Went around asking in stores to test and everywhere i went, i got a puzzled look. Most of the stores kept insisting on 32 inch smart tv of either Panasonic and Samsung. Tried it with samsung 5100 model and it worked, although the price was on the higher side.
What are the alternatives to a tv for gaming. Should i then instead opt for the option given by whitestar_999. Are you talking about monitors like pc monitors for gaming?
Yes, PC monitors have lower latency than TV's generally. Stores don't care about which TV you buy as long as they get their cut. Buying a smart TV for you won't make sense as you'll be using it for PS4 only via HDMI.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Yes, PC monitors have lower latency than TV's generally. Stores don't care about which TV you buy as long as they get their cut. Buying a smart TV for you won't make sense as you'll be using it for PS4 only via HDMI.
I dont mind PC monitors at all. In fact i was planning to upgrade my existing pc monitor too. Any recommendations on a good PC monitor then for PS4. I am looking for somewhere between 24 to 28 inch.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
These two seem like the best options for monitors now unless i missed some better model:

Buy Online | Samsung 24? LC24FG70FQWXXL Curved 144Hz Gaming Monitor | Price in India

Buy Online | LG 27UD68P 27″ 4K UHD 3840×2160 IPS Height Adjustable LED Monitor | Price in India

@Nerevarine has the second one
Post your latest Purchase

Nerevarine

Incarnate
LG 27UD68P, its one hell of a monitor. Absolutely fantastic picture quality. Definitely the most VFM 4k monitor in india, ive searched for months but I settled on this finally.
If you wanna go 1440p, there are a bunch of Lenovo 1440p 27 inch monitors available in mdcomputers for 25-28k.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thanks everyone for the response. I am really tempted by the LG 4K monitor but unfortunately its outside of my budget right now. I would love to buy an LG monitor with 1080p or 1440p resolution.

How about this?
*www.amazon.in/LG-27MP68HM-Full-Slim-Monitor/dp/B01ID20MN6?tag=googinhydr18418-21
@whitestar_999 recommendation
*www.amazon.in/LG-27MP89HM-S-FreeSy...feature_browse-bin:1464384031,p_36:1318507031

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both of them looks fine but LG MP68 series is better known.Also I found out that both these monitors are 6bit IPS+FRC & true 8bit 1080p IPS monitors are almost non-existent.I am not a gamer so can't say but for multimedia I never go below true 8bit panels.Still let others comment as latest 6bit+FRC is good enough for gaming & even for multimedia for many judging by reviews.

This is a true 8bit VA panel without freesync:
*www.amazon.in/BenQ-EW2775ZH-27-inch-Backlit-Monitor/dp/B01GZ1TAUS

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Thanks everyone for the response. I am really tempted by the LG 4K monitor but unfortunately its outside of my budget right now. I would love to buy an LG monitor with 1080p or 1440p resolution.

How about this?
*www.amazon.in/LG-27MP68HM-Full-Slim-Monitor/dp/B01ID20MN6?tag=googinhydr18418-21
@whitestar_999 recommendation
*www.amazon.in/LG-27MP89HM-S-FreeSync-Borderless-1920x1080/dp/B0714JFBC8/ref=sr_1_47?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1517779887&sr=1-47&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin:1464384031,p_36:1318507031

Both of them doesn't seem to have Displayport. Although you don't need it, DP is the standard for PC display connectivity going forward. The Samsung monitor linked before is the other option. It's VA, 144Hz, Freesync, 1080p, with Displayport. Freesync, 144Hz and displayport would be useless with a PS4 but useful if you plan on connecting a PC later.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Both of them looks fine but LG MP68 series is better known.Also I found out that both these monitors are 6bit IPS+FRC & true 8bit 1080p IPS monitors are almost non-existent.I am not a gamer so can't say but for multimedia I never go below true 8bit panels.Still let others comment as latest 6bit+FRC is good enough for gaming & even for multimedia for many judging by reviews.

This is a true 8bit VA panel without freesync:
*www.amazon.in/BenQ-EW2775ZH-27-inch-Backlit-Monitor/dp/B01GZ1TAUS

Are freesync monitors better suited for gaming?Any difference between a freesync panel and one without?
I didn't follow the 6 bit and 8 bit part. Are the 6 bit panels old comparatively?

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Both of them doesn't seem to have Displayport. Although you don't need it, DP is the standard for PC display connectivity going forward. The Samsung monitor linked before is the other option. It's VA, 144Hz, Freesync, 1080p, with Displayport. Freesync, 144Hz and displayport would be useless with a PS4 but useful if you plan on connecting a PC later.
I am planning to upgrade my pc monitor separately later this year. This monitor will be primarily used for gaming and connecting my laptop once in a while via HDMI.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Are freesync monitors better suited for gaming?Any difference between a freesync panel and one without?
I didn't follow the 6 bit and 8 bit part. Are the 6 bit panels old comparatively?
You need a AMD Graphics card to make use of Freesync. PS4 uses an AMD graphics card but doesn't support currently and probably won't either in the future. Higher the bit , larger the range of colors it can support. World is moving towards 10 bit. So 8 bit is the minimum you need to get in 2018.

Top Bottom