Gaming Machine for $500

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Hi Everyone,
I am here after a long time and i know there cannot be anyone better than Digitians to help me on this.

I am in US and was planning to buy the Alienware Alpha but then thought what I can get for the same price range if I assemble a Console.

So the requirement is simple. I need a small form factor which I can plugin to my monitor or TV and plan games in highest resolution and high details. Well it should support me for atleast 3-4 yrs. My budget is around $500-600 and I will be building a machine almost after a decade so am not sure if this will be easy or complicated.

I have a 24" monitor, 48" LED TV, Gaming mouse and keyboard and a Xbox controller.

Why I am not buying a Xbox?? Because I like to play FPS with my mouse and keyboard and Racing and Sports with Controller.

Please suggest.

I got a config online but need your comments on this

Intel Core i5-4460, MSI Radeon R9 270X, Cooler Master Elite 130 - YT1 - ajayashish's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
where is the psu? you don't need hdd?
answer these *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I would like to play games on it. My work is mostly on my Mac and this machine will be mostly for gaming and sometime browsing. I would like to play games like COD, Battlefield, Crysis on top resolution and details.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: My Budget is around $500-600. Can extend if needed to $800

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Around 1 TB. I have external storage of around 3-4 TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a 24" Dell monitor and would like to connect my Samsung 48" HD TV for games

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I already have gaming Keyboard/ Mouse, Game controller

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within next 1 month. If we know that a better product is coming in near future then i can wait.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will build it. I have build one almost a decade back but probably will be able to do that again.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in California US and buy stuff from Amazon or Newegg

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want a small form factor as I will use this as a console and keep it in the living room.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
converting $800 to Rs roughly gives 50k and considering actual prices in US, your budget should be somewhat near Rs 60k

Go for this -
i5 4440 - 10k
GTX 970 - 27k
Seasonic S12II - 5k
WD Blue 1 TB - 3.5k
CM N200/ Corsair 200R - 3k
Gigabyte B85 D3H - 5k
HyperXFury 2x4GB - 6k

Top Bottom