Gaming laptop with good display under Rs. 80k INR.

H2O

Journeyman
Hello Everyone!

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs 80,000 INR.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Gaming with games like FIFA, NFS and all. Casual gaming + Good Display with colour accuracy for Photo Editing + Multimedia viewing.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No particular dislike for any brands really.

5) Anything else you would like to say?

I am not a heavy gamer. Would most likely play the NFS racing games or FIFA etc. But I need a very good display because I need good colour accuracy for photoshop related work.

Thanks.

flipkart.com/gigabyte-g5-ke-52in213sh-core-i5-12th-gen-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-windows-11-home-6-graphics-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-rc55ke-gaming-laptop/p/itm0ff3bcaef54c1
Top choice for 80k with RTX 3060

notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-G5-KE-Review-Midrange-gaming-laptop-that-checks-most-boxes.706641.0.html

Can consider if you are in a Tier 1 city. Check for Gigabyte laptop service centres, they are new to India for laptops but had them in US for many years now. It has an average 60% sRGB 144Hz panel.

This is a safer choice with like 20% less gaming performance or so:
amazon.in/HP-5-5600H-Graphics-Response-15-fb0051AX/dp/B0B5R9DTVG
This will have a better battery life than Intel laptops though.

Reactions: H2O
OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
flipkart.com/gigabyte-g5-ke-52in213sh-core-i5-12th-gen-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-windows-11-home-6-graphics-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-rc55ke-gaming-laptop/p/itm0ff3bcaef54c1
Top choice for 80k with RTX 3060

notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-G5-KE-Review-Midrange-gaming-laptop-that-checks-most-boxes.706641.0.html

Can consider if you are in a Tier 1 city. Check for Gigabyte laptop service centres, they are new to India for laptops but had them in US for many years now. It has an average 60% sRGB 144Hz panel.

This is a safer choice with like 20% less gaming performance or so:
amazon.in/HP-5-5600H-Graphics-Response-15-fb0051AX/dp/B0B5R9DTVG
This will have a better battery life than Intel laptops though.

Thanks.

Will check the Gigabyte laptop.

However, I wanted to ask something.

I was actually going through Lenovo website and tinkered with their customized option.

With promo code and and cashback, I can get a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i with these specs just around 80k.

• Processor : 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor (E-cores up to 3.30 GHz P-cores up to 4.40 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 11 Home Single Language 64
  • Operating System Language : Windows 11 Home 64 Single Language English
  • Microsoft Productivity Software : Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 India
  • Memory : 16 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 3200MHz
  • Second Solid State Drive : 512 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe Gen4 TLC
  • Display : 39.62cms (15.6) FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100% sRGB, 300 Nits, 165Hz
  • Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce® RTX™ 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6
  • Camera : HD with Dual Microphone
  • Color : Onyx Grey
  • Keyboard : 4 Zone RGB Backlit, Storm Grey - English
  • Wireless : 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.1
  • Surface Treatment : Painting
  • Palmrest : PC/ABS
  • Battery : 4 cell, 60Wh, Upto 7 hours
  • Power Cord : 170W Slim (3pin)-India
  • Language Pack : Publication - Polish/Portuguese/English
  • Warranty : 1 Year Courier or Carry-in
Along with Additional 2 YR Warranty + 2 YR Premium Care + 2 YR Accidental Damage Protection.

What do you reckon? A good deal? And are these customized versions reliable and good?

Based on my limited research and knowledge feels like those specs more or less ticks all my needs.

Also, I can get the i7 version for 8k more. Worth it? Just to be future proof? I can stretch it till 85k-86k INR.

Cheers.

2022 model has good thermals vs 2021 model. Check Jarrod Tech review.

The i7 is useless for gaming, maybe even for photo editing. It will shine in very heavy CPU intensive tasks like video editing. So take call accordingly.

That configured Ideapad surely meets your good display requirement but at the cost of GPU performance. The i5 12450H is powerful enough for your usage IMO. Do check delivery timeline.

Reactions: H2O
OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
2022 model has good thermals vs 2021 model. Check Jarrod Tech review.

The i7 is useless for gaming, maybe even for photo editing. It will shine in very heavy CPU intensive tasks like video editing. So take call accordingly.

That configured Ideapad surely meets your good display requirement but at the cost of GPU performance. The i5 12450H is powerful enough for your usage IMO. Do check delivery timeline.

Cheers.

Yeah. I was willing to pay around 5k extra for the 3060 6 GB GPU but unfortunately that option isn't available to add to this laptop.

Timeline would be around 14-21 days but I talked with Lenovo Pre-Sales team and they told me according to the specs I told, they can get it delivered within 7-10 days at max.

Top Bottom