Gaming Laptop under 80k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't mind me asking,what exactly are you going to run that you absolutely need a few seconds improvement of NVME SSD over sata ssd.

Because it seems to support PCIe NVME SSD.
Seriously get this before sale ends

MSI GV Series Core i7 7th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) GV62VR 7RF-1067IN Gaming Laptop Rs.119990 Price in India - Buy MSI GV Series Core i7 7th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) GV62VR 7RF-1067IN Gaming Laptop Grey Online - MSI : Flipkart.com

GTX 1060 + i7 is a steal at 80k considering Indian laptop market. It supports PCIe SSD too

sohan_92

In the zone
Seriously get this before sale ends

MSI GV Series Core i7 7th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) GV62VR 7RF-1067IN Gaming Laptop Rs.119990 Price in India - Buy MSI GV Series Core i7 7th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) GV62VR 7RF-1067IN Gaming Laptop Grey Online - MSI : Flipkart.com

GTX 1060 + i7 is a steal at 80k considering Indian laptop market. It supports PCIe SSD too
But it is non- IPS Display.

But it is non- IPS Display.

MSI has good TN displays. Most high-end gaming laptops with higher refresh rate have TN displays. Why do you think no one complains? Because it is possible to make good quality TNs. As Indian economy is weak, to cut costs many companies use low-quality TN displays, which are cheaper compared to other options. That's one of the main reason why TNs have a bad reputation.

Still, even if it had an average display, I'd have still bought it considering you can never expect laptops with such config at such price except for such sales, which are very rare & there's no certainty of having it again in future.

Also, its possible to have low-quality IPS display, my laptop has one. My previous laptop's color reproduction seemed better to me when I made the switch & that had a good TN display.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gaurav Saxena

Broken In
I have purchased Asus GL552VX and also purchase Samsung Samsung 250 GB PCIE 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD but it doesn't seems to be supported. Also in BIOS the only setting under SATA Configuration is AHCI (Latest BIOS Upgraded). I am attaching my HwInfo report with this post.

Attachments

• HWINFO.pdf
    313.9 KB · Views: 326

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have purchased Asus GL552VX and also purchase Samsung Samsung 250 GB PCIE 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD but it doesn't seems to be supported. Also in BIOS the only setting under SATA Configuration is AHCI (Latest BIOS Upgraded). I am attaching my HwInfo report with this post.
:facepalm:
Why would anybody buy a 1.5 year old laptop that too with 950m now?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^he is already using the latest bios(post#27).

@Gaurav Saxena try connecting only nvme drive after disconnecting hdd as well as dvd drive.See the below post for a possible solution(though it is for desktop mobo,it may work for laptops too):
Samsung 960 evo not detected in bios - [Solved] - Storage

P.S.you seem to be making mistakes quite often,why would you want to update bios from an unofficial source & risk bricking your laptop.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^^he is already using the latest bios(post#27).

@Gaurav Saxena try connecting only nvme drive after disconnecting hdd as well as dvd drive.See the below post for a possible solution(though it is for desktop mobo,it may work for laptops too):
Samsung 960 evo not detected in bios - [Solved] - Storage

P.S.you seem to be making mistakes quite often,why would you want to update bios from an unofficial source & risk bricking your laptop.
That link states
Do not put anything on SATA port 1 as this is now reserved for the NVME drive.
Laptops don't have multiple SATA ports unless its a top of line model.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@SaiyanGoku maybe the sata port for dvd drive may cause some issues(it is also after all a sata port on mobo too).

@Gaurav Saxena you were asking for suggestion before when you were asking for which laptop model to buy(which you ignored btw). What you are asking now(regarding bios) is not suggestion but checking your own idea.

OP
G

Gaurav Saxena

Broken In
@whitestar_999 I bought this laptop under some lucrative scheme (Almost 50% off). However I do now feel that I chosed poorly. But nothing can be done now. Regading the BIOS I am only asking as I had been trying everywhere to get my SSD working.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@whitestar_999 I bought this laptop under some lucrative scheme (Almost 50% off). However I do now feel that I chosed poorly. But nothing can be done now. Regading the BIOS I am only asking as I had been trying everywhere to get my SSD working.
You could return it stating that your new nvme drive doesn't work with it and buy a new laptop which actually supports nvme drives (and has better hardware).

OP
G

Gaurav Saxena

Broken In
@SaiyanGoku It is not an option as I was told previously about the no return policy. Also I tried to return the SSD to E-Bay but they are also not accepting, stating that it is under warranty. Is there a way I can swap the SSD for some other product.

@SaiyanGoku It is not an option as I was told previously about the no return policy. Also I tried to return the SSD to E-Bay but they are also not accepting, stating that it is under warranty. Is there a way I can swap the SSD for some other product.
Sell it & buy a SATA SSD. You don't require a NVMe SSD, SATA SSD is fast enough for almost everything. For gaming you will see 0 performance improvement between SSD & HDD in case you don't know (just load times would be better).

Top Bottom