Gaming laptop under 80K

Tintin.92

Broken In
So here i go again...

This time i'm doing research for a different friend with different requirements... Please help me out guys.

1) What is your budget? 80000 INR (though will also consider suggestions upto say... 85k if the difference is really worth it.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? 15.6"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP. Would be nice if he could an HP one, not really required though.
b. Dislike: Samsung. Acer. Doesn't trust them.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Hardcore gaming.
Watching movies.
Web surfing.
College student stuff...

5) What screen resolution & type would you prefer?
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. While I figure you can get 1080p at this price point, i worry that taking a higher resolution screen will diminish the performance of the graphic card. Like i've seen will Dell XPSs, the 768 resolution model has relatively better performance at the same settings than a 1080p one. Since gaming IS the primary task, this is a bit of a deal breaker.So i'm kinda stuck between 1366x768, 1600x900 and 1080p.
Glossy finish.

6) Anything else you would like to say? Another requirement is that the laptop should not be butt-ugly. My friend refuses to get something as ugly as the Dell Inspiron 15r SE... :(

Gtb93

In the zone
Have a look at this:

Asus G75VW, my new monster..

It's an internationally-shipped laptop + the owner had his cousin get it for him via customs/US/etc. If this is possible for you @Tintin, then it's an amazing deal.

OP
T

Tintin.92

Broken In
Sorry guys, nothing of this sort is possible. Only local purchase, and possibly through a website.

any more suggestions?

Gtb93

In the zone
There's nothing good to suggest to you atm.
There's an Alienware @85-86k, nothing great.
The lesserpriced variant would include NP550P5C s05/s03 etc but it's not the most stable laptop while gaming, hence I'm not recommending.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Have a look at this, i guess price will be below 75K and it supports Nvdia SLI also, plus 1080p screen.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
reviews are good, people are saying the temps are hardly reaching 80C while gaming but heards lots of negative reviews for battery life ( 3hours ) and touchpad, but i guess thats not a deal breaker.

Gtb93

In the zone
where did you find the reviews @ RON28?
Laptops looks pretty decent, and specs are amazing at this price, beats both dell/samsung.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
reviews are of US, i guess it was released there after August 2012, yes for the price tag, it beats both dell and Samsung, added advantage is SLI for future upgrade.

Anshul24

Right off the assembly line
Lenovo y500 looks promising.
There aren't many reviews for this on the internet.

I have bought a y400 through a cousin in US and um eagerly waiting for that to come in mid feb.

Y400 comes with a 14' HD screen rest everything is the same.

If sum1 finds a descent review for y400/500 please share it over here.:-D
And I promise to write a review as soon as I lay hands on my Y400.

powerstarprince

In the zone
wow that's something cheap

I wanted to get this but it isn't available in india . only the z500 is selling in market and they say it might be there in india around summer lol

Top Bottom