Gaming Laptop Under 65k

H2O

Journeyman
Hello Everyone!

So, its been more than 4 years for my Lenovo Y500 and it has started to act up and stuff. So, I am looking for a good gaming laptop under 65k range. Idea

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs 65,000 INR.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Browsing, Multimedia and Gaming. Games like FIFA, NFS and all.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No particular dislike for any brands really as long as they have service centre in Bhubaneswar.

5) Anything else you would like to say?

Can't import it from outside. Have to buy it from within India.

Thanks.

I'd highly recommend increasing your budget to 73k (if possible) & buy a laptop with GTX 1050Ti as the difference in gaming performance between 1050 & 1050Ti is about 20%. Check these:
Lenovo Legion Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) LN Y520-15IKBN Gaming Laptop Rs.77990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Legion Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) LN Y520-15IKBN Gaming Laptop Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.70444 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

For strictly under 65k:
Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.62990 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

Good to know that your Y500 lasted for 4 years, mine barely lasted for 3 years.

Reactions: H2O
OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
I'd highly recommend increasing your budget to 73k (if possible) & buy a laptop with GTX 1050Ti as the difference in gaming performance between 1050 & 1050Ti is about 20%. Check these:
Lenovo Legion Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) LN Y520-15IKBN Gaming Laptop Rs.77990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Legion Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) LN Y520-15IKBN Gaming Laptop Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.70444 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

For strictly under 65k:
Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.62990 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

Good to know that your Y500 lasted for 4 years, mine barely lasted for 3 years.

Well, for 3 years it was good.

But last 1 and half odd years, it started showing problems.

Anyway, Thanks.

BTW, would you recommend to wait out a bit to see any new gaming laptops that are about to release soon?

Well, for 3 years it was good.

But last 1 and half odd years, it started showing problems.

Anyway, Thanks.

BTW, would you recommend to wait out a bit to see any new gaming laptops that are about to release soon?
No

In few months there would be new 8th gen HQ CPUs with 6 cores. By the end of the year I hope there would be laptops with next gen Nvidia GPUs, but no guarantee, might be later than that. So I don't think waiting is a good choice. New laptops take time to reach India, moreover I don't expect GTX 1050/1050Ti successor that soon.

A 1050Ti laptop would be great for your budget, don't wait.

@H2O If you haven't bought a laptop yet, get this:
Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Rs.99990 Price in India - Buy Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

It's better choice than Acer Nitro series.

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
@H2O If you haven't bought a laptop yet, get this:
Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Rs.99990 Price in India - Buy Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) G3-572 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

It's better choice than Acer Nitro series.

Haha.

I just came online here to tag you about that lmao.

But I was reading some reviews and some are complaining about laptop turning off automatically sometimes and also giving you shocks while charging.

Haha.

I just came online here to tag you about that lmao.

But I was reading some reviews and some are complaining about laptop turning off automatically sometimes and also giving you shocks while charging.
Predator Helios 300 has good reviews everywhere. It's GTX 1060 model for $1000 is very popular in US.

I used to face the shock treatment in my old Y500 but that was due to faulty earthing of my college hostel. No shocks at home, so maybe its the same case here. Still the number of positive reviews far outweigh negative ones, even in amazon.com.

This thing & some changes in Windows settings apparently solves the issues for most people who faced random shut downs (it seems a bit rarer issue):
Predator helios 300 random shutdown

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
Predator Helios 300 has good reviews everywhere. It's GTX 1060 model for $1000 is very popular in US.

I used to face the shock treatment in my old Y500 but that was due to faulty earthing of my college hostel. No shocks at home, so maybe its the same case here. Still the number of positive reviews far outweigh negative ones, even in amazon.com.

This thing & some changes in Windows settings apparently solves the issues for most people who faced random shut downs (it seems a bit rarer issue):
Predator helios 300 random shutdown

Hmmm. Thanks.

How would you rate it in comparison with Lenovo Legion Y520?

I know its almost 15k less. But is the difference much?

Also, how is Acer's ASS?

Hmmm. Thanks.

How would you rate it in comparison with Lenovo Legion Y520?

I know its almost 15k less. But is the difference much?

Also, how is Acer's ASS?
Y520 & Predator Helios 300 are competitors in most markets. The price difference makes Predator a no brainer. If it was something like Alienware, it might have been worth paying the extra money.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Asus ROG GX800 :
If you are in the market for a gaming laptop and money is not a limiting factor than we think the ROG GX800 from Asus is the best choice for you. Powered by an Intel Core i7-7820HK processor and aided by two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs, this laptop can take on any game you throw at it. The most important bit however is that it is the only water cooled laptop available today and both the CPU and the GPU can be overclocked
Did you even read what OP's budget is? :facepalm:

Keep copy-pasting content without giving reference if you want to be banned.

Top Bottom