Gaming laptop under $1500

hsetir

Broken In
Going to buy a high end gaming laptop which should last a couple of years at least.
My friend, returning from US this month, would be getting it for me. So, shipping/customs shouldn't be a problem.

Budget - $1500

Size - 17'' preferable, but would consider 15"

Primary tasks - Hardcore gaming and programming

Configuration - i7, good gpu, can do without ssd

Brands - Open to all.

Other thoughts - I'm bent towards MSI GT70 with 870m. Open to suggestions or any other issues I should be aware of.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
You might want to consider a Sager. Those things are the most VFM laptops in the entire world.
For instance:
15.6"
XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook

17.3"
XOTIC PC | Sager NP8278-S (Clevo P170SM-A) - 17.3" Gaming Laptop

You can actually fit GTX 880m into this one within 1600$ if you set rest of the things to a minimum.
GTX 880m is worth it.

$hadow

Geek in making
Another heart break for me after checking out this one. Why they don't sell in India. Great specs for a mobile device.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Another heart break for me after checking out this one. Why they don't sell in India. Great specs for a mobile device.

They do, just no one buys them.
Welcome To Azom

Just get the exigo with no GPU and only Intel HD graphics and upgrade with a GTX 880m MXM 3.0 card.

hitesh

In the zone
They do, just no one buys them.
Welcome To Azom

Just get the exigo with no GPU and only Intel HD graphics and upgrade with a GTX 880m MXM 3.0 card.

Bookmarked

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]
Have you asked for a quote ?
How much for i7 (with everything else at low) ?

OP
H

hsetir

Broken In
You might want to consider a Sager. Those things are the most VFM laptops in the entire world.
For instance:
15.6"
XOTIC PC | Sager NP8268-S (Clevo P150SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook

17.3"
XOTIC PC | Sager NP8278-S (Clevo P170SM-A) - 17.3" Gaming Laptop

You can actually fit GTX 880m into this one within 1600$ if you set rest of the things to a minimum.
GTX 880m is worth it.

Seems like a good option. Has anyone had any experience with this site or any similar customization websites?
I guess delivery time is an issue with them.

Top Bottom