Gaming laptop under 1 lakh

vicky2008

Broken In
I am looking for a good gaming laptop under 1 lakh.

Fav brands: dell, alienware
dislike: Apple

no other preferences except good graphics card above 750M possibly sli.

I had y510p in mind but the fact that it is no sli kept me from buying it. Currently considering m14x with has a model at 1.2 lakh. I can stretch to that at max but believe that other brands will give me best specs. Please help guys.

I want to buy it near puja vacation.

$hadow

Geek in making
No no a big NO for y510p sli. Reason being it is not a gaming laptop but a high end multimedia laptop it will heat up rapidly. Since you are spending a big amount either go for Luffy suggestion ^^ or if you are not sure a about importing one go for dell.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
No no a big NO for y510p sli. Reason being it is not a gaming laptop but a high end multimedia laptop it will heat up rapidly. Since you are spending a big amount either go for Luffy suggestion ^^ or if you are not sure a about importing one go for dell.

Any particular suggestions for a Dell? The problem is I don't have anyone who can get it from us now for me and the import is huge if I order internationally.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
In the local market try to find asus rog 15 inch laptop. It might be definitely be there as its 17 inch version is launched then definitely 15 inch might be there.

just try. IDK You might be lucky

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
In the local market try to find asus rog 15 inch laptop. It might be definitely be there as its 17 inch version is launched then definitely 15 inch might be there.

just try. IDK You might be lucky

I live in Delhi so I guess Nehru place? Btw any specific models? I have seen an Alienware 14x with 4700qx, 750gb HDD+64gb ssd, 765m nvidia, 14" 1080p ips display with 8 gigs ram at 1.21 lakh. Do you think any other laptop can match that? I need as I am going to college so 17" is a bit large for me.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
It's good I'm just telling to go check the local market for asus rog 3rd gen i7 version. If you get it it will be cheaper and much better

by the way that alienware isn't too much out of your budget??

There is 15 inch of asus rog also so just try to find in local market.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
It's good I'm just telling to go check the local market for asus rog 3rd gen i7 version. If you get it it will be cheaper and much better

by the way that alienware isn't too much out of your budget??

There is 15 inch of asus rog also so just try to find in local market.

yeah it is a bit out of my budget. Along with what my parents are giving me, I will have to spend all my savings and give up the idea of a new mobile phone. So I want it to be cheaper if possible.

What do u think is a good enough graphics card? I think 750m will not last very long personally.

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah it is a bit out of my budget. Along with what my parents are giving me, I will have to spend all my savings and give up the idea of a new mobile phone. So I want it to be cheaper if possible.

What do u think is a good enough graphics card? I think 750m will not last very long personally.
750m will last for 2 to 3 years with ease.

shubham6300

Broken In
if you are more inclined towards Dell, then you may select Dell's new 7000 series

Buy Dell Inspiron 15(7537) laptop online from best store | compuindia

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
I am confused about the other laptops like the dell 7000 series or Lenovo y510p just because of the graphics card. I am actually confused how big the difference will be between 765m and 750m. I have seen the benchmarks but I am not sure if the higher end graphics card and the 64gb SSD make up for the extra cost keeping in mind that both the above mentioned laptops are 15.4" while the Alienware only is 14". Please help guys.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
I am confused about the other laptops like the dell 7000 series or Lenovo y510p just because of the graphics card. I am actually confused how big the difference will be between 765m and 750m. I have seen the benchmarks but I am not sure if the higher end graphics card and the 64gb SSD make up for the extra cost keeping in mind that both the above mentioned laptops are 15.4" while the Alienware only is 14". Please help guys.

a gtx 765m make a 750m take a poop if u ask me.
about the ssd... i dunno. Never used one...!

dont even bother considering the dell lappy. before you know it, your cpu will start bottlenecking the gpu !

if you can buy the laptop with gtx 765m... go for it. but personally speaking... even though a gtx 765m is badass... its not worth spending 40-50K extra! either get it imported for a cheaper price or simply go grab the Gt 750m. Save the 50k and replace you laptop sooner than you were planning. much better idea if u ask me.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I live in Delhi so I guess Nehru place? Btw any specific models? I have seen an Alienware 14x with 4700qx, 750gb HDD+64gb ssd, 765m nvidia, 14" 1080p ips display with 8 gigs ram at 1.21 lakh. Do you think any other laptop can match that? I need as I am going to college so 17" is a bit large for me.

You want to see a laptop which matches the above? check my siggy and read the review, it will make some aliens pee in pants. and it dint touch 1L mark. suggestions for you, any gaming laptop which you see, read about will always be above 1L price bracket if you try to buy from india. everyone knows now about import duties and absurd customs. Try to fetch ROG series laptop with at least GTX 770M from abroad.

the 14 inch version of ROG is G46VW.. It has a GTX 660M only.. better look for any other laptop..

GT 750M is good 8% faster than GTX660M, its a very good card. can run latest games in mid-high settings and will also run upcoming games in med-high HD res for at least a year.

$hadow

Geek in making
^^looks like he is kinda unsure about importing a laptop. That is why he is asking for laptop which is available in India.

$hadow

Geek in making
1L on a gaming laptop in india--> Worst investment ever. get any laptop with GT750M

Yeah absolutely right coz there is no vfm Laptops available for such a big amount. And I am satisfied with 755m as of now. As it is running all the games on med to high setting and will also run the games in future on low to mid setting. Will over clock the gpu later on.

OP
V

vicky2008

Broken In
I visited the local market today and really liked Asus G750JX-CV069P Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 24GB/ 1.5TB/ Win8 Pro/ 3GB Graph). It is for 1.3 lakh exact. What do you say guys? The only thing it lacks is an SSD. How big is the lack of SSD going to hurt? The upgrade is for 8000 but all specs r updrade when considering the Alienware 14x

Top Bottom