Gaming Laptop | Importing | Under ₹1L

Ratul Upadhyay

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget?

1L, can extend by 10-20k if something noteworthy comes along

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
  • Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Gaming primarily. Secondly, being a designer, I use the Adobe suite extensively.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Maybe moving onto 120Hz monitors, not looking for 4k screens as configs in this budget won't have that kind of horsepower.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

I'm open to brands I might've not even heard of, as long as I can avail the warranty.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Purchase place; Can get it from Singapore, Korea and USA. Claiming international warranty is a must
  • Something that's not too bulky would be an added plus
  • Some options in past few days that've interested me - Dell 7577, HP Omen 15, MSI GS73VR, Gigabyte Aero 15 and Legion Y720

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get either of these:
ASUS GL703VM-NH74 17.3" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop -- ONLY @ NEWEGG - Newegg.com
Asus ROG Strix GL502VS 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz (Turbo up to 3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD - Newegg.com

Gigabyte India hasn't responded to any of my queries regarding their P55Wv7 laptop, Dell 7577 may use Max-q GPU, Omen is overpriced, MSI India doesn't honors international warranty last time I checked and I don't know if Lenovo has international warranty option at all.

EDIT: I would rather wait for i7 8750H instead of buying a laptop with 7700HQ right now.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Get either of these:
ASUS GL703VM-NH74 17.3" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop -- ONLY @ NEWEGG - Newegg.com
Asus ROG Strix GL502VS 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz (Turbo up to 3.8GHz), 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD - Newegg.com

Gigabyte India hasn't responded to any of my queries regarding their P55Wv7 laptop, Dell 7577 may use Max-q GPU, Omen is overpriced, MSI India doesn't honors international warranty last time I checked and I don't know if Lenovo has international warranty option at all.

EDIT: I would rather wait for i7 8750H instead of buying a laptop with 7700HQ right now.

Goku is there any gaming laptop with Ryzen in India?

OP
Ratul Upadhyay

Ratul Upadhyay

Two things,

I'd heard thermals on GL702 were really bad, are they any different on GL703? Otherwise I've always loved Asus products in general.

Second, when is i7 8750H releasing? What's the real world performance gain we'll get from it?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Two things,

I'd heard thermals on GL702 were really bad, are they any different on GL703? Otherwise I've always loved Asus products in general.

Second, when is i7 8750H releasing? What's the real world performance gain we'll get from it?
For thermals and any other performance related benchmarks, you'd have to check for reviews.
Intel 8th Generation and 9th Generation Processor Lists Leaked: Coffee Lake Refresh?
From a couple of sources today, we now have a full list of Intel’s 8th Generation processor stack, which is expected to launch during the first half of 2018, as well as some elements of Intel’s next 9th generation products.

Compared to 7700HQ, you would get 2 more cores (4 more threads) on the 8750H. Should help in multi-threaded tasks (like video rendering, encoding).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
None. And I don't think that'd be a great idea unless ryzen comes with iGPU. Laptops with g-sync have optimus disabled and hardly last 2-3 hours on battery.
Last offtopic question, why are desktops with ryzen+nvidia gpu preferred then?

OP
Ratul Upadhyay

Ratul Upadhyay

I think I'm gonna go with Asus GL502VS, sounds like a great option. Reviews are good too about most things, thermals especially.

One main reason is that I want to sell my Lenovo Y50-70 (i7-4710HQ, 960M 4GB, 16GB DDR3) as well, while it's still under warranty. And even though 2 more cores sounds like a good jump, the price ratio when they launch and value of my Y50-70 (1 year left) might just throw my budget for a toss.

Edit - If anyone's interested in buying it let me know, I can create a thread for it.

Top Bottom